Neck chingas!

wildchild

So my gas gun ejects my brass and puts a big ol chingas in the neck, not a dent a scratch with a bur!!
It seems coming from single shot precision rifles that the ejector pin is plenty stiff! Would and does it pay to weakn the spring?
Im guessn the scratch is from the locking lugs?

My 6.8SPC does the same thing. The brass still reloads just fine, and it seems to be getting better after a couple hundred rounds. I'd just leave it alone, and let it happen over time.

Trimming a coil or two off the ejector spring is a fairly standard modification for most competition guns, and not a problem at all. For us, it's usually to get the brass to "group" at some position that makes it easy to recover. In my own rifles, I usually set them to eject at about 4 O'Clock from my position so that it dumps them in a little pile right behind my shooting stool. Some ranges (Camp Pendleton and 29 Palms come to mind) make it impossible to recover brass that goes ahead of the firing line, which pretty well sucks for a reloader.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.