neck bushing 22 Dasher

G

putting together a 22 dasher, got the redding neck busing dies, but supplier did not send a bushing,,,anybody using one with the standard neck dia. reamed to .254" would appreciate any info thanks

Need to measure the thickness of the neck first. Double that plus bullet dia of 224 for you to use a 251 bushing and hold the bullet in your neck will have to mike at least 14 anything over 14 you will have to turn necks. 14+14=28+2(clearance around bullet)+224(bullet dia)=254 take clearance away and leaves 252 less 1 for neck tension and that leave 251 bushing size if neck measures less than 14 251 bushing won't work need to go to a small one. I shoot a 6 and 22 br all mine are tight neck and brass is made from rem7br stuff and those neck mike 12/13 before I turn them I kind of think your going to need maybe a 248/249 bushing you can go to Sinclair I think they have bushing in half sizes. Well good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.