Neck bulging with ttsx

definitely looks like you are scraping the bullets in those pictures so I echo what others have said, you need to chamfer and use some graphite on your bullets.

My .308 bullets just shaved a little copper ring off.It didn't buldge the case neck like yours did.I personally wouldn't shoot those.I'd pull the bullets and save powder and start over.

Do those bulges go all the way around the case? The chamfer tool should eliminate the shaving of copper from the bullets but if those bulges don't go all the way around it could be the bullets are being seated a bit off kilter, causing the bulge.

Plus, these type bullets should not be crimped at all. That's the other possibility for the bulge. The only bullets that should be crimped are those with a cannelure, which can be identified by the little hash marks inside the groove. I will admit to doing a bit of crimping on bullets intended to be fired out of a semi-auto but that didn't have a cannelure. In this case I use a size die and "crimp" about a 1/16" of the neck. This would be, for instance, a 110 gr. Round nose bullet (.308) fired out of an SKS, AK, or HK91. And while you might get away with a seat/crimp on trimmed pistol ammo, one should never try to seat and crimp in the same operation for rifles unless A. The brass is carefully trimmed and B. The bullet has a cannelure to crimp into. Unless I'm using a size die to crimp (I use this method when reloading FMJ .223 practice ammo and have, for hundreds of thousands of rounds!), I generally crimp in a seperate operation.
Cheers,
crkckr

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.