Nebraska Monster

I've heard of a few 400+ pounder deer, that boyo definately looks like he is packing some mass. Definately over 3, 4 doesn't suprise me.

I'm thinking it's a perspective issue. How long are those arrows, 28 to 30" I'd say. The bucks ears are probably 6" long. Take that 6" long ear and overlay it on one of the fellas 9" tall head (human head ~9"x6") and it appears to match well. I'd say we're looking at a deer that appear ~50% larger than it actually is.

I've been at a deer check station while a hunter brought in a buck that weighed exactly 370. It was killed Nov (1st week). He had not gutted it yet b/c he wanted to weigh it. There was about 11 of us standing around as he muscled this deer up on the hooks with the aid of his buddy. His deer "appeared" to be quite a bit bigger than the one in the photo. But that really doesn't mean anything. The buck I saw appeared to have substantially more girth than the one in the photo.

Well....the guy wearing the black cap will probably go 400#!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The last picture blows the story to bits!!! That is a 60"+ compound bow? Its almost as long as a 410# deer? Think not! Average mature bucks in E TX, about 125-175# are 6-7+ ft long. JB has it right! That is a PhotoShop monster! Nothing more!

think you better look at the first and last picture again. The bow is laying in front of the rear leg and coming to the front of the front leg in the last picture which is the same length as shown in the first picture.

I have seen 375 lb deer and this boy is huge.

If photoshopped **** good job. Look at the leaves and twigs and how they maintain size and perspective.

BH

Actually, in the first pic the bow does not reach the apparent wound. In the last pic, the bow stretches way past the wound and is still on the ground well infront of the shoulder. It's a photoshop booboo!

Yeah, it's enough make your hart jump… at first. I copied the photos over to my pc after reading a few posts questioning their authenticity – too good to be true? Yes, if you blow the photos up a little you can see just how altered they are. The guy in cammo may have mitts for hands, but not literally, they are way too big in two of those shots.

TAC

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.