NEAR scope rings

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Ian M, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

Fans of Richard Near's tactical bases will be interested to hear that he is making 30mm tactical rings. Typical Near quality, understand that he even makes the 1/2" nut so that it fits perfectly on the bolt. Only does them in stainless finish. Understand he is considering titanium bases also.

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

Ian: Thanks for the info. I'm in the process of putting together a new custom rifle and was just informed about Near's products (Near's web page) in the last day or two. In looking at his site it looks like some top grade machining and products. I've noticed the Near ads in PS mag before, but never really checked into it. I'm going to check with him next week about what he has available, but it looks like everything he does is first class work.

3. Ian M

Ian M Well-Known Member

7mm
    I shot many of the images for that website, some of the rigs are very familiar.
    Good luck with your project.

4. joe boyd

joe boyd Active Member

One word of warning. Make sure you are positive of what you want when you order, because Canadian law restricts sending any "firearm accessories" into Canada. I learned the hard way that you will have a problem shipping any than that can be construed as a "firearm accessory" into Canada
    Near manufacturing makes some of best looking rings and bases I have ever seen but if you order the wrong thing you are probably stuck with it.
    Joe

5. 3sixbits

3sixbits Well-Known Member

joe boyd, thanks for the heads up with that information.