ND Gunsmiths

308 Nate Straight Shot Gunsmithing Center ND 40miles west of Bismarck ND(100miles south of Minot)

Top notch gunsmith he is a sponsor here

Brent

You won't be disappointed I can rec. with confidence he lives close to me and has built several full customs and a few factory he has tuned up for me.

Brent

Thanks guys. I am not to worried. I just wanted someone close by and who appears to have a GREAT handle on what he can turn out.

Calvin

There is a guy in Mandan that put a brake on my buddies 308 and did a nice job. I have heard great things about the Center kid tho. Id lean that direction if it were me. GL

Keredeht,

I would think your talking about Steve Wald of "Wald Precision Rifles" in Mandan. I have had Steve do two rebarrels with two of Nates brakes. I think he does great work as I am very happy with the 7RM & 6BR he did for me this past yr. . I believe he does coordinate brake work with Nate & the two communicate regularly.

Steve work shows the attention to detail I value. I will continue to send work his way. I have seen Nates work & agree that he does top shelf work, but have not had Nate do anywork for me. He is in pretty hi demand.

I found Steve by default of Nate being busy. A shooter from the US Palma Team uses him (Steve) and recommended him. In short I think Steve is a great smith, he also turned me on to Brux Barrels, which I have been very impressed with also.

Nodak

Kurt, located in the Outdoorsman Sporting Goods store, in Fargo has done several jobs for me that have exceeded my expectations. Gordy Linnel in GF at Northern Accurizing is also very good.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.