Ncstar-honest opinions

sobeksminion

Hi everyone,

I have a 10-40*50 Ncstar scope to go on my new(well secondhand) Remington 788 in 222 remington. Can I have everyones honest opinions on this scope?

Hi everyone,

I have a 10-40*50 Ncstar scope to go on my new(well secondhand) Remington 788 in 222 remington. Can I have everyones honest opinions on this scope?

I have had several and I was not happy with them.

The glass appeared good and the adjustments were OK ."BUT" mine failed after a few shots.
and had to be replaced.

The warranty was good but the hassle of changing scopes after a few shots became a nuisance.

It appears that they are recoil sensitive but you should be OK with the 222.

I have tried many of the less expensive scopes and came to the conclusion that it is cheaper
to buy a mid priced scope in the long run.

Good luck with yours !

J E CUSTOM

We should take all the NC Star Optics and give them to the enemy. then our troops will be safe.

all Jokes aside. Anytyhing made by NC Star is a Poor Exscuse for an Optic. The are many brands that don't cost an arm an a leg that will perform adequately.

Ncstar scopes inhibit target resolution.

You're better off with no sights at all; in the long run, just by peering down the barrel, the law of averages will get you more boolits on target.

Ok thanks everybody, NcStar obviously arent held in high regard but Ive been offered one for review so I will see how it turns out. I will post results when I am finished testing. Wish me luck :)

Cheers

Michael

The scope I was testing was the NcStar Mark III 10-40*50 AO. I thought I would post a few brief results up in case anyone was interested:

The good bits,

-The scope seemed to hold it's POI well(was used on a 788 in 222 remington, not sure how it would go on a big kicker) and the adjustments did what they said they would do.
-The rifle/scope combo did very well considering, hovering on about moa with factory ammunition
-The scope pretty much did what it said what it would on the box

The bad bit

-CLARITY!!!! The scope was foggy above 18x and unusable above 22x!!!!

Anyway, happy shooting

Michael

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.