NC Hunter

NC Hunter2506

Hey guys, I hunt in NC most of the time where shots only range from 100-200 yards. I have been to WY a couple times and decided to get a Christensen Arms 6.5 Creedmore but would like some advice on what scope to put on it. I'd like to be able to dial in it without having to worry about hold over out to about 600 yards. Looking in the $800-$1000 range. Any advice is appreciated.

welcome, i'm near raleigh myself. tons of good info on here. not a lot of love for the creedmoor though. it's a great round for anything you'd hunt in NC. great for deer and you could mow down some hogs with it as well.

in that price range there's tons of good choices. vortex, bushnell, athlon (ares or midas line), leupold, sig, SWFA. you could probably find a used nightforce on here in that range as well. just remember quality glass is more important than magnification. and if you're going to be dialing, you want something that you know is reliable. for something out to 600 yds i think i would want something in the 3-15x range.

i run a burris xtrii 4-20 on my 6.5 creedmoor gas gun. 20x is a little too much magnification in my opinion, so i rarely shoot with it that high.

These would be the scopes I'd consider. There's more options in that ballpark but these two would be my pick.

Sightron STAC 3-16x42 FFP Zero Stop

Vortex PST II 3-15x50

Welcome from another newbie in NC! If you want good glass and 600 yds. is max range - you can get a Swarovski Z3 with the BRH reticle that will get you to 600 with no dialing for less than a grand. That's my two cents and it probably ain't worth much more LOL.

FYI there is a sig sauer tango 6 3-18x44 a perfect scope for your needs in the for sale section optics classifieds. I think you'd be able to get in your budget. Also look at the Leopoldo vx5hd 3-15x44 another great option.

Last edited:
FYI there is a dog saucer tango 6 3-18x44 a perfect scope for your needs in the for sale section optics classifieds. I think you'd be able to get in your budget. Also look at the Leopoldo vx5hd 3-15x44 another great option.
You might want too consider the Meopta Optica 6 scopes the 3x18 x50 ffp or 2fp zero stop zero lock european glass under 800.00 is hard too beat they also have a lot of diff reticles too choose from check em out

FYI there is a sig sauer tango 6 3-18x44 a perfect scope for your needs in the for sale section optics classifieds. I think you'd be able to get in your budget. Also look at the Leopoldo vx5hd 3-15x44 another great option.
thanks, most of what I shoot is vx3 4.5-14. do you have any experience with the cds zero lock feature?

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. If yall had to recommend specifically a swarovski or leupold scope that had some sort of zero lock or ballistics turret what would it be?

Hey guys, thanks for the responses. If yall had to recommend specifically a swarovski or leupold scope that had some sort of zero lock or ballistics turret what would it be?
Same I mentioned before vx5-HD 3-15x44. I have the Vx6hd same glass but 3-18x44. Great scope as well. I mentioned the vx5hd as it will do everything you want at a lower price. The vx6 adds some thing like aluminium scope covers and magnification as well. Both get custom torrents. Look at the TMOAR reticle. Great little reticle for hunting. Allows holds for both elevation and wind age. But excels at being able to use a custom torrent and dial elevation (Yardage) then holdovers for wind for distance shots.

Hey guys, I hunt in NC most of the time where shots only range from 100-200 yards. I have been to WY a couple times and decided to get a Christensen Arms 6.5 Creedmore but would like some advice on what scope to put on it. I'd like to be able to dial in it without having to worry about hold over out to about 600 yards. Looking in the $800-$1000 range. Any advice is appreciated.
What 762x51 said. The glass quality IS everything. (That's why I liked the Nikons so much when we had them) Hope you get gas soon!

Right here is a link to one from one of the website sponsors - lots of positive feedback on Doug:

It's even on sale

Red Hawk Rifles Zeiss V4 4-16 demo scope! Great value excellent glass. I'm done with Leupold, I'll keep the ones I have but no mo fo me! Swarovski have never let me down either.

Recent Posts