Nautical Binoculars (Range finding with illuminated compass)

dwm

So I was going by one of my buddies the other day and noticed that he had some binoculars laying out. Picked them up and looked out the window. To my surprise I find that there is a range finding reticle in them and also an illuminated compass. I guess they are made for sailing, this guy could be Popeyes brother.

I was thinking that they may make decent hunting binoculars.

Has anyone else seen binoculars with a reticle, preferably MIL-DOT?

I have seen spotting scopes with MIL-DOT reticles, but never binoculars. Hard to carry binoculars, the range finder, and the spotting scope all at the same time ...

Guess I could ditch the range finder and just use the MIL-DOTs in the scope.

Are those new binoculars with the range finder built-in any good?

Opinions ...

Doug

Doug

The binoculars were prob Steiners.Have a look at
http://www.steiner-binoculars.com/binoculars/law/383.html

They probably do a reticle binocular without the compass as well.

IOR also do rangefinding binoculars as well.
See them at
www.valdada.com

The reticles on binoculars are usually of lower resolution than on scopes. Perhaps 5 Mil between marks rathar than the traditional 1 Mil on scopes.

Rgds

Any manufacturer of binos for the any of the world's military should be able to put mil graticules in their products.

Used to have a pair of zeiss 8x30 for which I special ordered this option for use at work.

[ 11-02-2003: Message edited by: Brown Dog ]

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.