Name Calling....

W

*WyoWhisper*

Been seeing alot of name calling going on and got to thinking. Who all names their rifles? I know 2 on here who do....
One has an issue with his feminine side but .. I won't go into that.. lets just say he is gonna sleep way at the other end of the hotel...
wink.gif

I think I'm gonna name my new one ( 6.5-284 ) the "Foothills Flatliner" My .308 I'm thinking... "Mountain Mayhem"

So common guys lets hear 'em.. I know you talk to/at your rifles the way I do... I am just man enought to admit it....
shocked.gif
grin.gif

I've got a 6mmAI heavy varmint rig known as the "BLACK MAMBA". Naturally she's black from stem to stern and has a rather nasty bite, that is of course, if you're a varmint.
My 22-243AI with a yellow/orange flame-like finished stock is "OL' SPARKY".
All my other rifles respond to "hey you"
grin.gif

Anything that sets me back more than a grand gets a name.Not that the others dont deserve it but????Let me introduce the boys=CJ
Thumper=375BMG
mach5+6x20Leuopold.jpg

Boomer=50BMG
sapieces1.jpg

Spanky=22-250,1x8twist
22-250+thumbholeproject.jpg

Well here goes I placed an order today for a new M1A and I'm going to call her BELLE S.T.A.R for sight,target and accumlation rifle. Then once I get the 50cal figured all out it will be iNgwenya(" the lawless criminal") in other words AFRICAN for crocodiles and most people don't believe that we should have such large caliber guns the name fits.
grin.gif
Pack'n big iron and shoot'n hot lead

My 300 Tomahawk is called the "Ultra Bad Boy" and the 338/416 Rigby Imp is called the "Ultra Extreme Bad Boy."

I hear someone has a rifle named "Big Baby" or was that "Cry Baby"?
Not sure who has that one though. I hear it's "pink" too. Anybody know the guy who has this one?

Ric, someone has to stay at the other end of the motel???????hehehehehehe

Later
DC

The Remington 788, .22-250, that was known locally as "The Death Wish" became so well known that I just had to trade it to a friend. It seemed like it just took over and finished the job as the crosshair got on target. Now I mainly name wildcats, latest was the .308 Warthog.
smile.gif

i'm as bad as the rest of you
i favorite rifles have names like
The Green Machine - 243AI Benchrest Rifle
Kryptanite - 300Win Mag
Zapper - 223 Les Baer Ultra Varmint
Reeper - 6.5x284
Ma Bell - 6.5 Dakota

Hey, I think I am getting into this name-calling thing. Here are mine.

Dakota Arms-7mm Dakota
Tikka-7mm Dakota
Sako 75-7 Ultramag
Trgs-416 Weatherby
New TRGS

So what do you think? Pretty cool names aren't they! The last one is the action I will use in my new 30-378 Weatherby. Then I will have to change the name. Hope it won't be a traumatic experience for her. The new name will be Trgs-30-378 Weatherby. I think she'll get used to the new name.
wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 23 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.