N570 Load Info

MBD

Gentlemen,
I am working up a new load for a Remington 700 300WM.
I was able to purchase N570 powder and plan on using Berger 215 gr Hybrid Target rounds.
Unfortunately, I can not find any load tables; specifically starting and ending powder grain weights.
Does anyone have any information on this particular load, or where to find a table?

Thanks!

rsmithsr

I could be all wet but I think it is too much powder. it is pretty dirty in a 338 edge with a 300 gr bullet. I would look at reloader 26. great velocity and accuracy

milo-2

Here, from VV:
N 570 not listed for 215, most do not try that slow of powder, I have no clue on case capacity of 300 WM.
I can say, after shooting N 570 for yrs, if it is dirty, it is only because you did not get a clean burn.

Bill Cauley Jr

LRH Team Member
Here, from VV:
N 570 not listed for 215, most do not try that slow of powder, I have no clue on case capacity of 300 WM.
I can say, after shooting N 570 for yrs, if it is dirty, it is only because you did not get a clean burn.
Too slow think more for H 1000 in the 300 WinMag very clean burning very temperature stable that is the powder for many caliber’s but Works especially well in the 300 WinMag I reload for
CFC16469-C6DC-4D04-81C9-BBD5BCEB8115.jpeg

josip89

If You want best speeds N570 is way to go ,also extreme szable powder but little dirty.

I have load for 300 WM but 200 eldx if You want I will share.

rsmithsr

OR IT DOES NOT ALWAYS BURN CLEAN in great loads.

338 EDGE, 300 berger 2800-2900 fps, 28" bbl
i'll listen to a "clean burn" load
Here, from VV:

tmmcampbell

I only shoot n570 in my 300 WM. I started at 74 gr and maxed out at 79 with ejector marks. Settled with 77 gr. This is in a custom throat set for 215 bergers. Work up slowly. I’m getting 2955 fps with 28” barrel and 77 gr. Good luck.

MBD

Thank you for all the information.
I contacted VihtaVuori directly and was given the load date for that particular combination.
According to the rep I spoke with, they (VihtaVuori) have been contacted before regarding this load; and are having reports of it being very accurate and performing well on hunts.

tmmcampbell

So what load did they suggest? And yes it is very accurate with very constant velocity.

rsmithsr

just as a reference.
230 berger, 300 win mag, 26.5" bbl, reloader 26, 2912 fps. 40-60 rounds per match. regular hits at 1 mile.
why I suggested reloader 26

I only shoot n570 in my 300 WM. I started at 74 gr and maxed out at 79 with ejector marks. Settled with 77 gr. This is in a custom throat set for 215 bergers. Work up slowly. I’m getting 2955 fps with 28” barrel and 77 gr. Good luck.

dxlbaile

I shot H-1000 and the 215 berger and it did fine but when I switched to n-570 groups tightened up considerably.
I started at 75 grains N-570 and I am currently shooting 78 grains at .030 off the lands and they all go through the same hole if I do my part. The federal 215 seems to do the job just fine and I have loved the ADG brass..
H-1000 is a great powder but for my gun N-570 was the gamechanger..
Just start at 75 and work up until you hit pressure and then back her down a grain or two and start working on your seating depth.. I bet you will be pleasantly surprised.

Backcountry sports

Gentlemen,
I am working up a new load for a Remington 700 300WM.
I was able to purchase N570 powder and plan on using Berger 215 gr Hybrid Target rounds.
Unfortunately, I can not find any load tables; specifically starting and ending powder grain weights.
Does anyone have any information on this particular load, or where to find a table?

Thanks!
Call powder manufacturer

JWS

If You want best speeds N570 is way to go ,also extreme szable powder but little dirty.

I have load for 300 WM but 200 eldx if You want I will share.
My father is working on that same bullet cartridge any info would be great

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce