N570 for a 7 RM

WeiserBucks

I've got a great load for my 7 RM with H1000 but I'm running out like everyone else. I've got plenty of N570 and I'm thinking about switching powders but I'm not sure what a good starting point would be. I'll be shooting 180s, anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks for the info, starting at 69 seems a little risky. My max with H1000 is 70 in this rifle with 180 Hybrids.

A lot of guys are using N-570 with good results. I backed away from it because of the high burn temperature. When I fired 100 rounds, I checked my lands movement and found it to move 8x the movement of Retumbo in 100 rds with severe fire cracking. That is just my experience.

I use it with 69gr under a 177gr Hammer Hunter in Peterson brass.
67gr with a 190gr LRHT.

Not much bearing surface on the Hammer, but with a 180, I would start about 66gr and work up.

I found 70gr with 180 VLDS to be the sweet spot in my Rem700 Sendero. I woudl even start at 68 grains and work up. You will get more speed with less powder then you did with H1000.

jjw
ND

A lot of guys are using N-570 with good results. I backed away from it because of the high burn temperature. When I fired 100 rounds, I checked my lands movement and found it to move 8x the movement of Retumbo in 100 rds with severe fire cracking. That is just my experience.
I used vv560 and burned a 7wsm out in 1500 rounds on a diet of 180s. Accuracy was outstanding until about 1200rds then it went from 1/3" to inch or more quickly.

I went ahead and loaded up the last of my H1000 into the last of my brass. It's a great load and this firing will finally kill the brass.

I'll revisit the switch to N570 once I get some higher quality brass and I'll start over at that point. Thanks again for all of the information.

Recent Posts