N570 doesn't meter well

PCF

I have the Auto Trickler setup, a Redding powder measure, and a Dandy powder trickler. None of them work with N570 powder. Any suggestions on a powder measure that handles that size kernels?

I set mine at about 30-35 gr and cycle twice . Then I set my trickler ona good lean. Still a pain but seems to work better than throwing a charge on a different dispenser.

Which Redding powder measure?
I run a Redding 3BR Match-Grade for normal size loads and a Redding LR-1000 for my big LR cases.
Both will meter H50BMG kernels with the modified insert, it is bigger than normal and doesn't bridge the powder.
The kernels on the above powder are huge and I have to tap the handle on the up and down stroke to get get consistent charges.
Then I just trickle to finish.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Which Redding powder measure?
I run a Redding 3BR Match-Grade for normal size loads and a Redding LR-1000 for my big LR cases.
Both will meter H50BMG kernels with the modified insert, it is bigger than normal and doesn't bridge the powder.
The kernels on the above powder are huge and I have to tap the handle on the up and down stroke to get get consistent charges.
Then I just trickle to finish.
Hope this helps.

Cheers.
I'm not sure of the model # I've had it for about 19 years. With the N570 in it, it's almost impossible to cycle and the powder clogs badly. What trickler are you using?

I have the Auto Trickler setup, a Redding powder measure, and a Dandy powder trickler. None of them work with N570 powder. Any suggestions on a powder measure that handles that size kernels?
If you are using a charge master then set your weight for about 2 tenths of a grain low. Then hit the trickle button and watch how many grains fall to get to your intended weight.

Send me your n570 and I'll send you some LRT....it meters well.

Joking aside.... i use the lee scoopers for a lot of loads. 2.8cc scoop of 8280xbr gets me close to 43 grains. Then I get another scoop heaping and tap it with my birdie finger while pinching the scoop over the scale and it shakes the last sticks in.

Use the AutoTrickler but don't do the auto drop. Cycle it yourself and kind of tap the sides after each charge. Best thing I've found it's super horrible but this works ok.
I forgot about the tapping the sides, yes, at least every other. Pita but oh well

Just my opinion but, I find it too big for my auto trickler.. I throw it with my rcbs chargemaster and then transfer over to my FX 120 to weigh.. Sometimes I'll cut those big kernels with a knife to get what I want... Tweezers usually involved.. Good luck.

Last edited: