N568 Vihtavuori Powder

N570 is very very stable powder.
I did not fully tested n565 but so far it is very very temperature stable.

Totally with you, that's why I responded with all the info - when I asked in what cartridge, I got told "any", which didn't make any sense. I hear you loud and clear. Even their own load data shows it's not really N570 in speed, it's somewhere between N565 and N570, but temp stable like N565. That's why it's interesting to me - if it nets me an extra 50fps on N565 and stays temp stable, I'll be happy. Sure, I'd like 100, but I'll trade a little velocity for being able to shoot in the morning (60-70) and in the afternoon (90-110) in TX without issue. It's great hearing it shoots well, that's my more pressing concern. No deer/hog/whatever is going to care about 50fps, even at the longer distances.
I've tried it in 65 prc, 25 blaser(similar to wby) 7-300prc and 300nmi. N570 produced better velocity at similar case fills by considerable margin. Retumbo is the closest powder in the observance of psi at given velocities. However N568 has fair bit more case fill. 8133 fits in the same realm with gr to velocity similar to Retumbo. I really think VV missed their mark. They advertised short cut N570. And it may be that, but it's much more similar to single based powders velocity wise. The flame temp is much cooler than N565 and N570, so that has me thinking it has very little to no nitro in it. All the high velocity screamer powders like rl19, rl26, N570 are dbl based with nitro, and they have a LOT of energy, but they're close to 4k flame temp, hard on throats, and most are temp sensative. Rl26 and N570 have been relatively stable for me. N570 is THE powder for big magnums with heavy bullets if all out performance is what you're after. Rl26 is magic in so many different cases, from my 22gt, all creedmoor, 6.5x284, 260. Got a bigger magnum but midweight bullet? Full case of 26 will flat out rip. Hell I was pusbing 270 eldx out my 338 rum at 3050 with RL26. However it's dirty, burns HOT. N570 suffer the same plagues. I found N568 fairly dirty too untill ingot the pressure up pretty high(like rl33).

I've tried it in 65 prc, 25 blaser(similar to wby) 7-300prc and 300nmi. N570 produced better velocity at similar case fills by considerable margin. Retumbo is the closest powder in the observance of psi at given velocities. However N568 has fair bit more case fill. 8133 fits in the same realm with gr to velocity similar to Retumbo. I really think VV missed their mark. They advertised short cut N570. And it may be that, but it's much more similar to single based powders velocity wise. The flame temp is much cooler than N565 and N570, so that has me thinking it has very little to no nitro in it. All the high velocity screamer powders like rl19, rl26, N570 are dbl based with nitro, and they have a LOT of energy, but they're close to 4k flame temp, hard on throats, and most are temp sensative. Rl26 and N570 have been relatively stable for me. N570 is THE powder for big magnums with heavy bullets if all out performance is what you're after. Rl26 is magic in so many different cases, from my 22gt, all creedmoor, 6.5x284, 260. Got a bigger magnum but midweight bullet? Full case of 26 will flat out rip. Hell I was pusbing 270 eldx out my 338 rum at 3050 with RL26. However it's dirty, burns HOT. N570 suffer the same plagues. I found N568 fairly dirty too untill ingot the pressure up pretty high(like rl33).
If this new powder could meet the same consistency of H1000 while delivering RL26/33 velocities it could be a real winner.

I have massive temperature stability problems with powders like RL26, they are all but unusable with the temperature differentials I deal with in a single day, so I was hopeful N568 would live up to VV's promise. I've been primarily using RL23/VV N565 due to this, but was hoping to get a little more speed out of N568, while not giving up the temperature stability. Thank you for all of the information!

I just through this load together yesterday with 568 sighting in a new scope on my 30-28 at 100 yards

Attachments

• 20220119_111245.jpg
    20220119_111245.jpg
    793 KB · Views: 85
And its shooting how fast. We have all said it's super accurate, it's just slow powder for the burn rate vv has said.

Kasey

No idea didn't put up a chrono, I dont worry to much about speed anyway.
It was 1 gr more that my go to With H1000 and I still have alot of room left for more powder, I think ill run it up sometime just to see though.
It was a load I just pulled out of the air seating depth and all, it just shows me it will shoot small probably and I won't trust anything anyway untill I can stretch it out

You won't improve on that much no matter how much tinkering you do.
It is good but believe it or not ive had 100 yard loads like this turn into m.o.a ones at 500.
It does tell me the gun is capable and the combo when its tuned right and I do my part.

This is also a new barrel and I made a couple changes to my 30-28 reamer, not that the first one didn't shoot good also.
That group was shot 21,22 and 23.
I need about 75 more rounds down it to get serious so I'm gonna play with 568 some.
I put shot 7,8 and 9 down it with my old barrel load H1000, 215 and 250 it shot identical group at 100.
The puc of the load I posted is 568, sorted 212 eld-× and 215 so completely different combo. I'm only using the 212 eld-× to get rounds down the barrel and save on my 215's then ill migrate back to the 215

It is good but believe it or not ive had 100 yard loads like this turn into m.o.a ones at 500.
It does tell me the gun is capable and the combo when its tuned right and I do my part.

The way you handle that is by extending the range and seeing if the sub MOA holds.

Depending on the bullet, your groups may even tighten up.

Recent Posts