N568 Vihtavuori Powder

Where'd you find it? I've been looking multiple times a day. I'm curious if I just missed it.
I had one of those notify me when in stock. They called me, I bought it. I put the notification in about 6month ago, so not sure if they're calling by number signed up. Precision reloading.
This is also the way I have been getting primers.

I have a 8 lb jug of N568 on the way. I bought a 6.5PRC 6 months ago and just got it last Saturday. I have tried H1000, N565, and was thinking of trying the N568. Load is ADG brass, 156 berger, BR2 or 215M.
Sammy spec rifle. Any thoughts would be welcome. I have a total of 35 rounds through the rifle so far, so broke in and ready to finalize a load.
Let us know how you make out in the real-world with the new VV stuff.

Attachments

• FD6D10BE-1E44-4C68-9F53-C7547D873F5A.jpeg
    FD6D10BE-1E44-4C68-9F53-C7547D873F5A.jpeg
    806.1 KB · Views: 182
I have a 8 lb jug of N568 on the way. I bought a 6.5PRC 6 months ago and just got it last Saturday. I have tried H1000, N565, and was thinking of trying the N568. Load is ADG brass, 156 berger, BR2 or 215M.
Sammy spec rifle. Any thoughts would be welcome. I have a total of 35 rounds through the rifle so far, so broke in and ready to finalize a load.
I just picked up some 13.2 lbs of it from Scheels. They had 2.2 lb containers. I will be curious to see what you come up with. I'll be trying in 6.5 PRC and 300 wm.

I just picked up some 13.2 lbs of it from Scheels. They had 2.2 lb containers. I will be curious to see what you come up with. I'll be trying in 6.5 PRC and 300 wm.
I think it will be what im looking for, if I end up using it. My 300WM, when testing loads was very consistent and accurate with N570, but the burn rate was too slow and my velocity suffered. I went with H1000 because I could get the velocities I wanted. I feel N568 will be the solution to this issue.

Decided not to use it on the 6.5 PRC. My results with N565 have been way to good to change at this point.
My group needs some work, but my 8 shot SD is less than 3 and ES is 11. If I can shrink my groups to 1/4 from 5/8 plus I will be done. I might save the N568 for the big 30 plus cal mags.

Last edited:
SwampLord, I was reading that before highlighting it and was thinking.. everything VV is not known for..
mostly the temperature instability.. use it for winter and test fire in summer and watch your primers blow out. the metering was never good with VV powders.. then the humidity stability.. excellent adaptation for hot and humid places or places with distinct winters and summers.. like where you live or Montana.
I think that VV should re-formulate all their powders to be temprature insensitive, it would be a major improvement to their whole product line.
Funny I switched to vv powders 20N29 to stop the temperature issues I have had with RL50 and US869🤠

So it's a little too new for load data. At least I can't find any.
what's do you guys thinks a good starting point 6.5 prc 143 eldx cci250s adg brass??

not sure I will try it or not in the prc but I have some on the way

Thanks

So it's a little too new for load data. At least I can't find any.
what's do you guys thinks a good starting point 6.5 prc 143 eldx cci250s adg brass??

not sure I will try it or not in the prc but I have some on the way

Thanks
I reached out to VV asking for load data on Berger 156. I'll let everybody know what they say.

Recent Posts