N Vision Halo XRF vs N Vision Halo LR

Nate60x

I have had the XRF for a few months now and thought I would share a few of my thoughts for anyone considering one. My previous scope was an N-vision Halo Lr, overall I liked the scope, but there were a few things that bothered me.

What I liked about the Halo LR:
Great Picture
Reliable Zero
User Friendly, pretty intuitive controls

What I didn't like:
My biggest complaint and the reason I upgraded was the 1 moa click value when zeroing the weapon, the inability to fine tune your zero(especially left/right) held this scope back
Eats cr123 batteries especially in the cold
no rangefinder
no internal video
controls were a little difficult to find with gloves on

There were pretty simple solutions for most of the things I didn't like about the LR, and I enjoyed hunting with the scope. I used an external battery pack, a mini dvr, and a silencerco radius rangefinder and was pretty happy with the setup. What I didn't like about it was all of the extra weight on the gun and more importantly amount of cords I had dangling around. The biggest issue in running the external pack is the connection to the scope. If you slam on your brakes to avoid smashing into a deer and your gun goes flying off of the back seat onto the floor, you might break that connection, ask me how I know.

Now on to the XRF:
Same great picture, some say better, but I cant tell the difference between the two
Same reliable zero
Same User Friendly Menu

And the XRF fixes every single one of my dislikes on the LR:

Batteries are 18650's which are non proprietary, cheap, and rechargable
Built in rangefinder, works great
Internal Video
Controls are easier to find and use with gloves
And they made it possible to fine tune your zero. When sighting in your weapon, if you zero on base mag the click value is 1 moa, If you zero on 2x mag the click value is .5 moa, 4x=.25 moa, 8x=.125 moa.

The scope has been great, I am extremely happy with the purchase and look forward to hunting with it more this year.

Here are a couple videos: