My wife's second mule deer!

We were out on an elk hunt and time was coming down for my wife to be able to hunt for the year and we spotted some deer up the too of this basin. Long story short this buck was out feeding late right in the open at the top of the mountain and my wife made an excellent shot on this buck at 926 yards with my Tikka ctr 6.5 cm with a 147 eldm at 2715 muzzle velocity. Shot conditions couldn't have gotten much better. Buck gave us a good 30 min broadside look as he grazed. All I'm gunna say is 900 yards is alot further then you think when it's across a canyon and you gotta walk to the bottom and then up the other side. Haha. Bet it was a mile walk to him. Well worth every step!
Nice Deer indeed - but a much better shot - 900 yds? WOW!

We were out on an elk hunt and time was coming down for my wife to be able to hunt for the year and we spotted some deer up the too of this basin. Long story short this buck was out feeding late right in the open at the top of the mountain and my wife made an excellent shot on this buck at 926 yards with my Tikka ctr 6.5 cm with a 147 eldm at 2715 muzzle velocity. Shot conditions couldn't have gotten much better. Buck gave us a good 30 min broadside look as he grazed. All I'm gunna say is 900 yards is alot further then you think when it's across a canyon and you gotta walk to the bottom and then up the other side. Haha. Bet it was a mile walk to him. Well worth every step!
you had better behave you now know you are not even safe at a half mile plus

Awesome Nice job How was the bullet performance ?

Corey
Bullet performed very well. Broke a couple ribs going in and shedded weight and the core came threw the off side making a egg sized exit and I found at least some of the jacket under the hide on the far side. Close up those these bullets will explode!!! Like break 4 ribs on entrance type of explode and just mush everything up. Btw the impact still knocked the animal to the ground.

Amazing shot Congratulations to both of you! Looks like she took out the pump too! Don't **** her off she can shoot!

Questions:
Had you trued your scope at 1000 yds, or did you use a ballistics app?
What was the longest distance she had practiced at?
We had tuned our ballistic calculator out to 850 and it's been spot on. I love hornady 4dof. She was smashing steel the week before at 850. I've taken it to 1000 but it's a bit more difficult for me to set that up so it's normally 850.

We had tuned our ballistic calculator out to 850 and it's been spot on. I love hornady 4dof. She was smashing steel the week before at 850. I've taken it to 1000 but it's a bit more difficult for me to set that up so it's normally 850.
Congratulations to her for such accurate shooting at long distances. The muley will reinfore her desire to keep practicing, I'm sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.