My wife's second mule deer!

Joefrazell

We were out on an elk hunt and time was coming down for my wife to be able to hunt for the year and we spotted some deer up the too of this basin. Long story short this buck was out feeding late right in the open at the top of the mountain and my wife made an excellent shot on this buck at 926 yards with my Tikka ctr 6.5 cm with a 147 eldm at 2715 muzzle velocity. Shot conditions couldn't have gotten much better. Buck gave us a good 30 min broadside look as he grazed. All I'm gunna say is 900 yards is alot further then you think when it's across a canyon and you gotta walk to the bottom and then up the other side. Haha. Bet it was a mile walk to him. Well worth every step!

Attachments

• IMG_20201019_114255.jpg
    IMG_20201019_114255.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 1,205
We were out on an elk hunt and time was coming down for my wife to be able to hunt for the year and we spotted some deer up the too of this basin. Long story short this buck was out feeding late right in the open at the top of the mountain and my wife made an excellent shot on this buck at 926 yards with my Tikka ctr 6.5 cm with a 147 eldm at 2715 muzzle velocity. Shot conditions couldn't have gotten much better. Buck gave us a good 30 min broadside look as he grazed. All I'm gunna say is 900 yards is alot further then you think when it's across a canyon and you gotta walk to the bottom and then up the other side. Haha. Bet it was a mile walk to him. Well worth every step!
nice shot- Nice Buck! Congrats

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.