My wife picked up her first rifle !

I have the Monarch 3-12x42 Nikon,,, its a awesome optic with plenty of low light shooting visibly... Its one of my favorite hunting optics...

Sightron is another brand I like,,, of course Sawortz and Ziees are right up there as well...

There's a un-heard of optic up here in the North that costs alot of coin,,, they say its like nothing a normal shooter has ever seen...

I'll see if I can find the link to it,,, it puts the hunting and shooting sports into a whole new level...

They say its like looking at real time that most folks don't realize...

Cheers from the North

If I had some extra cash I'd deffinatly buy 1 or 2 of these optics...

They would make the aveage person cry when they see the costs... They run neck and neck with S&B in clarity...
https://armament.com/products/tangent-theta

I hope I come across some change some day... Ha
Holy chit batman! That thing is niiiiiiice! I love the "Rev" indicator on the elevation. No more keeping track of how many times you turned the turret, that one has an odometer that tells you.

This is my girlfriend's Christmas present it is a Savage axis stainless steel in a 6 5 Creedmoor with the boyds
20191202_194314.jpg
20191202_194314.jpg all-in-one stock Talley scope mounts in a Vortex scope on it. Fits her perfect with it retracted all the way in proper fitting gun helps with recoil no matter what caliber

Yeah, I was just joking around. I hope she does too. She wants to try the BSA Sweet 6.5 CM scope for simplicity. Any of you know how well the Sweet scopes work? The 6.5 CM version has 3 turrets, 120gr, 129gr, and 140gr.
About 10 years ago I bought my wife a rifle and subsequently installed a cheapie scope on it because she "doesn't like scopes". My theory was not to spend a lot of $$ on glass if she wasn't going to use it. Well a couple years later we went to a rifle competition. It was shooting @ 300 yards. She was having a bit of trouble and my buddy looked through her scope. He said that she would be better off to knock out the glass and just look through the tube. He wasn't kidding! Well I not only got her a new Leupy, but bought her a used target rifle. She took to it like a duck to water. The next move was building a 6 PPC and putting a Night Force on it. Then I had it chambered in 6 Dasher because the shooting stretched out to 600 yards. Well she outshot me at the next competition. Moral of the story is don't buy that cheap scope. Buy once, cry once. Get the best glass you can afford.

I have the .243, 7-08 and 6.5CM and I believe your wife made the better choice in the 6.5. Really though both the 6.5 and the 7-08 are a step up from the .243. All 3 are perfectly fine for deer. Congratulations on having a family hunting unit. Now the next purchase should be a big freezer! With Nikon going out of the rifle scope business there are some good deals going on now.

FWIW my wife is deadly accurate with her Remington VLS .260 Remington. Started with a Nikon and then when she got addicted to good glass added a Leupold Mark 4. Can't remember how many bucks now, but no second shots. Buy once. The new Leupold Vx3i has excellent glass it seems. The Europeans are getting totally out of sight and not sure why

I have the .243, 7-08 and 6.5CM and I believe your wife made the better choice in the 6.5. Really though both the 6.5 and the 7-08 are a step up from the .243. All 3 are perfectly fine for deer. Congratulations on having a family hunting unit. Now the next purchase should be a big freezer! With Nikon going out of the rifle scope business there are some good deals going on now.
Thank you, I will check into those now!

That's awesome! My wife just got her first rifle recently as well, similar situation to you. She picked up a Weatherby Vanguard Camilla in 6.5 Creedmoor and fell in love with it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.