My Two Mile Quest !

I think it was two weekends ago , we had a rough day . switching winds , heavy mirage , tough conditions . maybe two weeks before that , we had a windy day , but the wind was steady . I had 7 min of wind at 2000 yards . we have 2 guys shooting 300 PRC 's , they won't shoot with the 338's . guys can look at the charts all they want , in the field the big bullet is better at longer distances .

I agree on the big bullet . I have had a blast with the 300 gr bergers and a few Smk's.
It would be interesting if berger dropped the 329 gr out for us to play with !!
I would need a new barrel and twist !

Rum Man

We need to get together and Shoot soon !
The wind has it's way with all caliber's!
It's all we can do to do the best on data and a few prayers to the Wind God's !! Ha ha
Glad you got out and seen the West !

Rum Man
Yep. Sounds good. I'm looking forward to when it freezes again

It's all we can do to do the best on data and a few prayers to the Wind God's !! Ha ha

Rum Man
I've been out there antelope hunting previously but since deciding to wait for a couple more points before applying for a deer/goat tag, we decided to take a run out and shoot some coyotes and prairie dogs. Also get the bigger guns out to over a mile, mile and a half. Good time. Killed lots of coyotes. Some near 1000 on days the wind was low early and later in the day.

I agree on the big bullet . I have had a blast with the 300 gr bergers and a few Smk's.
It would be interesting if berger dropped the 329 gr out for us to play with !!
I would need a new barrel and twist !

Rum Man
Heard they dropped that bullet for now.

Rum Man
Hey Paul,
Get with me if you want to take a cruise in that area later this fall. We'll run my SxS in there and look for some good places to set up targets. Couldn't really get in there early this spring. Too thick and hard to see where your going.

I think it was two weekends ago , we had a rough day . switching winds , heavy mirage , tough conditions . maybe two weeks before that , we had a windy day , but the wind was steady . I had 7 min of wind at 2000 yards . we have 2 guys shooting 300 PRC 's , they won't shoot with the 338's . guys can look at the charts all they want , in the field the big bullet is better at longer distances .
So Jim, how much comparing of 338s have you done?

Rum Man glad to see that your getting out and hitting the 3K+ . How are you getting to 325 min?
It's a blast shooting out to 2,500 yrds. I got out to a mile with my friends 338LM. but technical issue prevented us from attempting the 2,500. When you look and can see the bullet trail through the air in an arc and then drop into the target it is a different kind of a feeling. Hopefully we will have our 338LMAI build done this winter. I recently got two 338 Krieger barrels 33", 1:9.35,, a NF Atarc 7x35 and sent a sample round to JGS to make a custom reamer. Now have to get an action Want to get a McMillan XIT Stock. Once I chamber and fireform some cases I'll Have Whidden make us a set of dies.
Not really looking to get to 2 Miles, but would like to get to 2,500. Then the bug will hit me again and will try for longer. I know that it's possible for 2 Miles with a 338LM, but would be better off using a 375 Chey or 416.
We are loaded up with Lapua brass, Berger 300 OTMs, primers & Powder. Just have to move our new Lathe into the basement and get the barrel chambered. Just had a little setback with our central air going out and had to spend $11K to replace it. Took money away from our builds. May have to get in the safe and start selling some rifles that we are not using.

This was my old set up .
55 moa base , 200 min. Valdada adj.base. topped with a Vorex Razor gen 1 .

Attachments

• 20201119_180204.jpg
    20201119_180204.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 40
This was my old set up .
55 moa base , 200 min. Valdada adj.base. topped with a Vorex Razor gen 1 .
Rum Man I was thinking that you might be using CHARLIE. I need to get an action with at least 50 MOA rail and the adjustable base/mount then get 50 MOA from either a NF ATARC or a Vortex Razor Gen 2 (scopes have 100MOA, but you only get 1/2 that). I heard that IVEY also makes a 200MOA base Mount.
Keep us all informed and updated especially with your 338 LM loads/Velocity/ MOA/equipment used when you try the ELR 2 Mile. Wish you best of luck and calm overcast Match day, If any winds we hope they are at you back! Also wish we could be there!
Len & Jill