• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

MY STUFF…There’s a reason there’s nothing on the shelves.

fletcher

There's a reason there's nothing on the shelves. You guys put out an alert and 10 minutes later it's all gone. I know there are people out there needing things and are not hoarding. you fellas need to let us find this on our own. That way the shelves may get restocked. I know I'm going to catch a lot of flak for this. But that's OK I'm old!

Tom

I tell you one thing I haven't seen online or in stores, its large magnum primers - CCI250 or Fed215. Having a 300 wsm built and have all the components except primers, and I have lookouts everywhere online!

The CCI 250s were available about 4 weeks ago. Now its all Small Rifle lately. Due for a cycle.
But likely it will be the 250s, not the 215 M's. Those are very hard lately.

There's a reason there's nothing on the shelves. You guys put out an alert and 10 minutes later it's all gone. I know there are people out there needing things and are not hoarding. you fellas need to let us find this on our own. That way the shelves may get restocked. I know I'm going to catch a lot of flak for this. But that's OK I'm old!

Tom
YES there has been a shortage and YES it has been somewhat hard to find components online before they are sold out. BUT I say BUT! - if you look at all the websites that are now selling powder/primers/bullets -YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET WHAT YOU NEED. I have seen powders and primers available online for days before they ran out of stock. Price was probably a factor. Some of the major retailers were and are charging high prices. We are not used to these prices. First there was no stock and now that there is stock it is 2 to 300% higher than 10 years ago.
I stopped looking and especially getting notices that a certain retailer has available powder/primers/bullets. Spending way too much money and stocking up for 2022 because of the past. I always think back to the 2008 election and couldn't find any powder or primers. We had enough to get by for hunting but going through the last 12+ years trying and hoping to get the powders needed was a nightmare and then if you did find what you needed-it cost double to triple of previous years OH! and you had only seconds of time to purchase on the web or someone else got it.
Yes I can now see why shooters are stocking up (not hoarding) Gun Broker sellers are the HOARDERS!
My suggestion is if you see something that you can use for reloading now or in the future GET IT! It may not be available in the months or years to come. BE PREPARED!!!
Tom these are not the days of years past. We have a real hard time adjusting, but it really SUCKS and can't see it going back to the good old days.
I think that we (shooters-hunters) still have some components available. The liberals wanted to take away firearms - COULDN'T (well maybe CA). Just think if they put a TAX on all AMMO and components???

I tell you one thing I haven't seen online or in stores, its large magnum primers - CCI250 or Fed215. Having a 300 wsm built and have all the components except primers, and I have lookouts everywhere online!
I buy 215 at Scheels and Bass pro where you located?

Veteran is 'The Man'! Your help is really appreciated. I don't think guys on here helping one another out are preventing shelves from getting stocked. It appears there is a very limited supply of these components and a very strong demand, so any inventory gets bought really fast, regardless if it's someone from this community or not.