My sons latest Kansas bruiser

OH58DViper

At the old age of 5 and a half my son dropped his second buck ever. His first was a 130" 3.5 year old. This is what he decided to shoot this year…..both on public land.
6AD344B5-6A04-4379-8ED2-9915AA661A2C.jpeg

Thanks gents!

We were both beyond stoked when he shot this guy. It was 90 degrees out and about 100 in the blind, he sucked it up to wait for "power hour" as he calls it. He was rocking his pajama pants because his hunting clothes I bought him were too heavy and he was sweating buckets as it was. So I wanted full coverage for the walk in but light as possible. I wish we could have taken better pictures but there were seemingly millions of mosquitoes trying to drain him dry ha.

I had this buck patterned for a couple weeks and knew we would get a crack at him if we got a north wind. 10-15 minutes of legal light left and he settled his crosshairs on him. I know he shoots High habitually, so I only dialed .3 Mils so he would be about 4" low at 275 where the buck was. He doesn't know that but it worked out and he still HIGH shouldered him ha. Dropped him in his tracks though. this kid has banged more steel at long range and dry fires more than I did when I was shooting PRS ha.

He shot him with a smokeless muzzle loader I just slapped together. PVA cut me a Prefit for my origin and I am getting 3050 fps with a 300gr xld out of a 25" barrel with H4895. It sits in a manners CS2.0 with full arca so it locks into my RRS tripod and I hang weights from it to reduce recoil along with the shockwave 4 port brake. With no brake it will murder you, but the way i set it up, it's like shooting a 223.

i am exhausted from dragging that pig solo and processing him all night. Got up at 6 to get him ready for school and get to work. He's begging to go shoot a doe tonight, but his old man may need a brief one night respite….getting old sucks!