My Sons First Deer

surjimmy

IMG_0671.jpg
IMG_0673.jpg

The one on the left is my son's he was 11 now 12 years old, it weighed 260lbs on the hoof. It field dressed at 200lbs shot last year in 08 in Jet Oklahoma. I grounded him for the next 5 years(teach him for showing up his Dad). Not only was this his first deer, it was his first time hunting. Mine on the right was my first Buck taken in 06, field dressed at a mere 112lbs.

He's ruined for life, It may take a while to come up on another like that one. I'll never forget my son's first deer when he was eight, I was more excited than he was. Sort of like you it was his first time. I had to explain it really isn't that easy.

Congratulations to your son.
That is a really nice buck, and the mount is just great, really a good looking buck.
Shooting a great buck like that as your first buck is a tough thing because it is hard to get much better bucks in the future. But it is good because it sets high standards for him to pursue when hunting.
The first buck I shot is my second biggest, only after 7 more years and 9 more bucks, I hunted a bigger one.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts