My sons first deer

Congrats to all the lucky little hunters and proud momma's and pappa's! Had a chance to get my daughter out for her first youth hunt as well. My nerves were going crazy as though I was the one behind the rifle with a Booner in my sights!lol It's a great feeling though...proud of the kiddos getting out there and keeping up with traditions. Handloaded (by her) 308 Win with 150 SST = bang flop. Those Tactacams are kinda fun -

My son was able to kill his first deer today during NH youth weekend. Beyond proud of him! At only 7 years old, he had to make a shot over 100 yards that was exactly ideal but we made it happen! I'm so stinking proud! Rifle is my bergara b-14 hunter in 6.5 creedmoor launching a 140 eld-m. I originally bought the rifle for him but i ended up liking it so much its become my main deer rifle lolView attachment 404223View attachment 404224View attachment 404225
Making memories he will cherish long after you are gone. Take your son hunting, rather than having to hunt for your son. Well done, Dad!!!

My son was able to kill his first deer today during NH youth weekend. Beyond proud of him! At only 7 years old, he had to make a shot over 100 yards that was exactly ideal but we made it happen! I'm so stinking proud! Rifle is my bergara b-14 hunter in 6.5 creedmoor launching a 140 eld-m. I originally bought the rifle for him but i ended up liking it so much its become my main deer rifle lolView attachment 404223View attachment 404224View attachment 404225
Making memories he will cherish long after you are gone. Take your son hunting, rather than having to hunt for your son. Well done, Dad!!!!

I had more fun taking my kids hunting than hunting myself lol. No I am going to be taking my grand kids starting next year . Make your memory now they grow up so fast. My youngest is in college now. Be safe shoot straight

It is totally a trophy! Doesn't have to be a record book buck… I believe that a kids first deer is always a trophy that will be remembered for a lifetime, usually 2, the parents/grandparents as well! Congratulations to you both!