My shooting bench trailer build

Mgreen

I thought I would post a few pics up and see what kind of ideas others have to add to this. I started with a 5x9 trailer. Bench dimensions are 32"x9ft.

I have tin on order for the roof as well as 3ft fold down awnings on both sides. Roof will be 7'5" from the floor of the trailer.

I am going to add 2 fold down jacks in the rear for leveling/stability purposes.

If anyone can think of any other ideas I could add to this I would appreciate it!

E7822F75-7FBA-4C4A-85A5-574965A9E897-4042-0000034A7990D338_zps9dcdd6f1.jpg

B2CD3042-5DA5-4A7E-917E-0AAA788D0DB1-4042-0000034A8017C129_zps026d0368.jpg

Pretty cool. A rail to prevent distracted folks from falling off.

Thank you sir, that's very possible that I'll add that... I am actually considering walling the whole thing in and making it somewhat of a ground blind/ all weather shooting bench. I'm not sure which route to go yet.

Definitely going to need stabilizers on there to remove the compliance from the suspension. If you keep them within the middle 1/2 of the trailer you would not get too much flex from the frame. If you put them out on the ends, usually it will be capable of twisting the frame.

I would put jacks on the front corners as well,that way you can unhook from your towing vehicle and not take any chance on getting cited for shooting from a vehicle while the trailer is still hooked on.That way you can stabilize from all four corners.Just a suggestion.

I would put jacks on all 4 corners as well. Looks really good by the way.

Got the main roof framing done and screwed the tin down. Need to go back and brace it, do the awnings, and trim one side of the tin.

9E13F232-0A83-4E29-AD5F-26E749B635C6-2926-000002B0CC889604_zps0694c062.jpg

EEB89AC1-26D0-4959-990D-458CCF332E25-2926-000002B0B289E2C0_zps12494b95.jpg

That is really something! I can't wait to hear about the reactions you get pulling it down the road. Put a few tiki torches on it and you can use it as a bar in the offseason!

Too cool.

I like your trailer... makes me want to build one. BYW, Nice shop. its making me very envious.

Coming along very nice. It appears it should be very stable Why are the 2 seats so close to each other? How about something to hold a coffee cup or water bottle.

Thanks,

I put those two swivels that close so I can build a wide padded bench seat to the right. The bench will be additional seating and be a little more adjustable if someone can't find a good spot on the stationary chairs.

Adjustable seats would be nice but I built it for my own comfort and don't plan on having a lot of others use it, so I thought heck, I'll just do what's comfortable for me and go from there.

I actually have one stainless recessed cupholder left from a boat project that I thought about adding to the bench top. I'll probably order 3 more and put them in!

As it evolves how do you see yourself using it?

I am not really sure to be honest... I want to believe I'll use the heck out of it on the weekend shooting with friends, but it may not happen. If not I'll just enclose it and use it as a blind I guess...

Got a few things done lately, sorry for the lack of updates. Anyways the awnings are on, small seating bench built, rear jacks are welded on. I need to put a few more screws in the tin and mount my new tires then I'll be ready to start enjoying it!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.