My search is over!

deergrunt

My search is over. I went to the range today to try a new load in my Remington 700 VLS chambered in 308 Win. 155 grain A-max behind 46 grains of Varget in Winchester brass using Federal Match primers. O.A.L was 2.820". I shot four different groups just because I did not believe what my eyes were seeing! In all the groups the 3 shots were all touching. I have finally mastered the art of reloading.

Now if I can only do this again!?!?

Four groups is a good indication.
cool.gif
I had great luck with the 155 S. Palma with 46gr too, never tried the 155 A-Max though. The 168 A-Max didn't do well at all in three 308win rifles.
Good luck with it!
smile.gif

Deergrunt, congrats. Sure is nice when things come together. That is almost the same load that I used in my 308 too. A trend is starting.

If this works as well for you as for me, you will be sub MOA for a very long ways. Pick a calm day and shoot at 250 to 300yds. Mine were shooting inside an inch. Now that is impressive...

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.