My search is over!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by deergrunt, Jun 6, 2003.

1. deergrunt

deergrunt Well-Known Member

My search is over. I went to the range today to try a new load in my Remington 700 VLS chambered in 308 Win. 155 grain A-max behind 46 grains of Varget in Winchester brass using Federal Match primers. O.A.L was 2.820". I shot four different groups just because I did not believe what my eyes were seeing! In all the groups the 3 shots were all touching. I have finally mastered the art of reloading.

Now if I can only do this again!?!?

2. Brent

Brent Well-Known Member

Four groups is a good indication. [​IMG] I had great luck with the 155 S. Palma with 46gr too, never tried the 155 A-Max though. The 168 A-Max didn't do well at all in three 308win rifles.
    Good luck with it! [​IMG]

3. Michael Eichele

Michael Eichele Well-Known Member

Belive it or not, that is what federal gold medal match 155 loads are too, 46 grains of varget. Hope it keeps up!! [​IMG]

4. Mysticplayer

Mysticplayer Writers Guild

Deergrunt, congrats. Sure is nice when things come together. That is almost the same load that I used in my 308 too. A trend is starting.

If this works as well for you as for me, you will be sub MOA for a very long ways. Pick a calm day and shoot at 250 to 300yds. Mine were shooting inside an inch. Now that is impressive...

Jerry