My rifle likes to be clean.

That's what I done.
Gee, I thought that we were primarily talking about hunting rifles here. Everyone seems to be so intent on that first cold barrel hit, then why do you have a problem with a barrel that probably is capable of that but doesn't like to keep it's accuracy over 25 rounds fired, that is unless you are too lazy to take the time to take care of your rifle and keep it clean so it will shoot the way you want it too. Many rifles take 50 to over 100 shots to break in a barrel, keep from having issues with Copper fouling until the lands are burnished in. Copper (or lead) fouling will destroy the accuracy of any barrel in short order. Wake up and smell the roses and take care of what you want to take care of you. :(

I am a guy who does not mind cleaning his rifle so I am with you Teri Anne. This rifle was my cousins and we hunted together all the time. I don't think he would have put 100 rounds through it when I bought it off him real cheap. I really like the looks of this rifle it almost feels criminal to hunt with it. If you have ever seen the old Tikka M65s you would know what I mean. My cousin sold it to me for 250 dollars with 100 rounds of brass and loaded ammo plus 2 pounds of powder and a box of Barnes X bullets. So if it likes to be clean to shoot well it will be cleaned as needed. This is far to nice of rifle to seel just because it prefer to be clean.

Try some Dyna-borecoat. That stuff really works to minimize fouling and keep accuracy longer in barrels that foul. Preparation is critical to success. Bore needs to be CLEAN before application. I have used it in several rifles with great results.

I have read on here that we often over clean our rifle barrels. Well I discovered today that my Tika M65 likes to be clean. After 25 rounds its accuracy really fell off. I was working up a load for it with the newer slow powders and could not get it to group. The rifle is chambered in 7mm Rem Mag. I wish I would have cleaned it sooner it would have saved powder and bullets. I used to clean after every 20 rounds but changed reading posts on here. I am not blaming any one because most of my rifles don't seem to care. Has any one else found their rifles like to be clean too.
I always clean within 20 to 30 rounds. I guess I'm old fashioned like that…

Gee, I thought that we were primarily talking about hunting rifles here. Everyone seems to be so intent on that first cold barrel hit, then why do you have a problem with a barrel that probably is capable of that but doesn't like to keep it's accuracy over 25 rounds fired, that is unless you are too lazy to take the time to take care of your rifle and keep it clean so it will shoot the way you want it too. Many rifles take 50 to over 100 shots to break in a barrel, keep from having issues with Copper fouling until the lands are burnished in. Copper (or lead) fouling will destroy the accuracy of any barrel in short order. Wake up and smell the roses and take care of what you want to take care of you. :(
The trouble with barrels that foul quickly is that you go through alot of components in order to keep them in a state of accuracy. I don't hold it against any one if that's what they are willing to do. I just don't want to do that myself anymore.

The trouble with barrels that foul quickly is that you go through alot of components in order to keep them in a state of accuracy. I don't hold it against any one if that's what they are willing to do. I just don't want to do that myself anymore.
Well if all you want to do is shoot them until they need to be cleaned and sell them let me know. I would love to offer you 25 cents on the dollar for those old inaccurate firearms. I actually bought my Tikka T3X 30-06 because the guy that had it sold it because, "It doesn't shoot good at all. Can't hit the broad side of a barn if you are in it." To make a long story short, I bought it for a song, and not a very long song. Took it home and put a Vortex diamondback 6 x 24 x 50 tactical on it and bore sighted it. First three shots out of the barrel at 50 yards when sighting it in were right at 1/2 inch but misplaced. Adjusted the sights went to 100 yards and the next 3 shots were almost touching, a little high and a bit right. Adjusted the sights so that the hits were zero at 100 with a 3/4 inch group. This was using Sig Sauer 165 gr ammo. Hand loaded ammo shrunk the group to just a bit above 1/2 inch. There was and is nothing wrong with the rifle, it was the nut behind it that didn't know how to shoot. There seems to be a lot of that going on these days. Glad I hunt on private property, it's getting dangerous on public property these days.

Well if all you want to do is shoot them until they need to be cleaned and sell them let me know. I would love to offer you 25 cents on the dollar for those old inaccurate firearms. I actually bought my Tikka T3X 30-06 because the guy that had it sold it because, "It doesn't shoot good at all. Can't hit the broad side of a barn if you are in it." To make a long story short, I bought it for a song, and not a very long song. Took it home and put a Vortex diamondback 6 x 24 x 50 tactical on it and bore sighted it. First three shots out of the barrel at 50 yards when sighting it in were right at 1/2 inch but misplaced. Adjusted the sights went to 100 yards and the next 3 shots were almost touching, a little high and a bit right. Adjusted the sights so that the hits were zero at 100 with a 3/4 inch group. This was using Sig Sauer 165 gr ammo. Hand loaded ammo shrunk the group to just a bit above 1/2 inch. There was and is nothing wrong with the rifle, it was the nut behind it that didn't know how to shoot. There seems to be a lot of that going on these days. Glad I hunt on private property, it's getting dangerous on public property these days.
Tikka is at the top of my list for factory barrels.

Attachments

• 560B84D5-A28B-4F0F-8452-98E6C8938447.jpeg
    560B84D5-A28B-4F0F-8452-98E6C8938447.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 43
Teri Anne, I like your style! Thanks for giving me a much needed laugh 🤣. You get an amen sister! 👍