My Rifle aka Leslie

z3ro

Yes, yes, yes, I have named my rifle. Her name is Leslie, and no my girlfriend is not happy that its not named after her. I told her (my gf) that when she starts firing off as loud as my rifle, ill changer its name. Now, on to the details and pictures.

Make: Marlin
Model: XS7Y
Caliber: 7mm-08

847ed85a1a3d__1270393887000.jpg
[/img]

Sorry, its just a cell pic i took to show a friend.

So on to the good stuff!
I absolutely LOVE this rifle. Its definitly budget, but has some of the features of a more high-end rifle; i.e. accutrigger, fluted bolt, floated barrel. Its really fun to fire, and unlike a 308, i can fire it all day long with little to no discomfort. It shoots extremely flat with the loads ive been using which are just 140 grain winchester, wally world bought. Im pretty much restricted to using store bought ammo as i have neither the time, space, or knowledge to handload. Its outfitted with a Simmons scope & weaver rail that I picked up local at a hunting supply store.

So far, I have about 70 rounds through it and havent gotten the scope dialed in as well i would like. The last time i went to zero it in, they we re out of spotting scopes, i had to do it really slow, and ended up getting impatient. Even without it perfectly zeroed, i can get 2 to 3" groups all day long. Like i said before, i absolutely LOVE this rifle. Its fits me well.

The one and only thing i dont like is the lack of aftermarket support for it. I can't seem to find any "add-on" parts like i would like to. As i said earlier, its a budget hunting rifle. HOPEFULLY, i get to take it out for some deer and elk this season, but we'll see how the draws go.

Congratulations on the rig, from what I can make out from the cell pic it looks pretty nice. Have you had your GF's name stamped on the barrel or somewhere on the gun or just named it?

Before the safe got full I named all of my varmint rifles after old girlfriends. One was very pretty but not worth keeping around. One was very good at everything. One was a bit heavy. One was used hard. One was high maintenance.
Ok not good to remember all of this

Z3ro, just named it. Nothing wrong with that heck it's easier to change than if you stamped it on the barrel...ya know just in case ya wanna give it a new name:).

Hairtrigger, sounds like you had quite the array of girlfriends:). Any gun named after the wife?

Hairtrigger, sounds like you had quite the array of girlfriends:). Any gun named after the wife?
The gun named after my wife is a incredible. The most vauable one to me and I will never part with it.
Ok for the mushy stuff, we knew there would be some humor and here it comes
Problem is I rarely get to shoot it... lol

I bought one of these last year but its spent all its days in the gun safe. Did you have the barrel floated? Mine is not floated from the factory its supposed to be pillar bedded though. Curious to know how easy it was to float. What kind of bipod did you put on?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.