My Periodic USPS Rant

Muddyboots

So WTHello is going on? I just received a trade from LRH member that was at my PO for 3 days before it was delivered this morning! Yes, Sunday morning delivery of mail that hasn't been delivered in 3 days No explanation. My wife is still missing 2 weeks of her magazines, 4 weeks worth of hometown paper that is a 1X week paper, and never got health ins or prescription billings last month. Confirmed they were mailed and have had this happen multiple times. Discussions with PM does no good, she says its the carriers and they need to inspect their "media" baskets in vehicles to see if they are not delivering as required. This has become a cat rodeo to get mail delivered.

So my question to you is Same Issues? Or just my local USPS?

So WTHello is going on? I just received a trade from LRH member that was at my PO for 3 days before it was delivered this morning! Yes, Sunday morning delivery of mail that hasn't been delivered in 3 days No explanation. My wife is still missing 2 weeks of her magazines, 4 weeks worth of hometown paper that is a 1X week paper, and never got health ins or prescription billings last month. Confirmed they were mailed and have had this happen multiple times. Discussions with PM does no good, she says its the carriers and they need to inspect their "media" baskets in vehicles to see if they are not delivering as required. This has become a cat rodeo to get mail delivered.

Time to go back to the pony express!

Hey MB, my last day here in MI visiting family and we drove by a USPS truck this morning. My thoughts, "what the heck is a mail truck doing on Sunday?" Then I thought, "time and half, that's what!" Crazy times.
Take Care

My local post office is pretty good but when something is shipped out of state/country things go sideways. Currently a package was sent to Toronto, Canada. It arrived at the Ontario Customs then was sent to Germany where it seems to be stuck. The USPS tracking seems to have stopped there. Happily the loss of the contents is not a big deal.
A package from Illinois to California went via Maine before it went to California.

No started years ago. They hired people who just don't care including PM. You are experiencing the new generation. We have lived in small town and they know us by name and box number. New hires started returning items if address was not perfect. PM then and now gave the new Robot Gov BS answer. They are following protocol and how we train them YOU need to make sure YOUR packages meet OUR requirements for PROPER delivery.

Hey MB, my last day here in MI visiting family and we drove by a USPS truck this morning. My thoughts, "what the heck is a mail truck doing on Sunday?" Then I thought, "time and half, that's what!" Crazy times.
Take Care
Probably double or triple time.

There was two Christmas cards mailed on the same day from Massachusetts to my girls one of them arrived before Christmas the other one hasn't made it yet same thing happened last year the kicker is it's the same girls that didn't show up last year that's missing this year for the money they are paid they sure do a really poor job if they would do away with just half of the junk mail maybe they could get the stuff that counts right. David

My two Pennie's worth on the subject is they are union operated so basically democrat controlled. I didn't realize this until my oldest son went to work for USPS.
I worked in a copper mine in the early 70's so I'm not anti union but I think they have worn out their welcome over the years

I ordered dies from Graffs, brass from Unknown Precision, powder from Powder Valley and gun parts from Brownell's. And bullets from two other places
Got frustrated with waiting and called Graffs, their answering machine says they whole placed is shut down cause of Covid, got billed but I bet ten my order didn't get shipped - no email confirmation, which they are very god a.
All the other places have shipped, no ideas as to where stuff is at. Some of these orders were placed on the 26th of Dec
Primers showed up in a damaged box and it was a HazMat order🥸

Sometimes you like to say at least I am not alone but in this case this really makes me feel worse since I BELIEVE it is going to get much worse. Like some of you I have had boxes with bullets damaged and opened and missing. Recently, I started to vacuum pack the bullets which protects them better plus ZERO noise so impossible to guess whats in the box. So far since vacuum packing, ZERO issues shipping bullets.