My perfect Wyoming Mountain rifle build thread

@North Idaho Hunter, Just got the brass today, thanks for the quick shipping and great packaging! As a side note, his business JA outdoors, is fantastic to deal with. I ordered a Christensen action from him as well as this brass, maybe a couple other odds and ends, don't remember, and it always ships fast and is great quality. Even the CA action was made in the more preferable factory, according to my smith, Tristan at Straitjacket Armory. So thanks for running a good, reliable operation!

Sweet build. I have one with the same chassis, terminus action, and a switch lug. I love mine and it has cured my need to tinker with different setups every year.

Well, minor change in this build! GA precision said my Bart barrel "may" take longer than the original estimation of mayish, and we all know how that goes.....I want to have time to not rush load developement and get comfortable with the rifle.

So I found a 22" proof sendero lite 9 twist on the classifieds and picked it up, I should have it later this week. I'll have my smith slap it together and get to work....still waiting on the can! Should be any day now.

I won't use the 205 SBDII in this 9 twist as they need an 8.5, but the 195 and many other bullets will work well in it.

As far as when I finally get the Bart barrel......well, I guess I'll just have a back up for when this one gets burned out!!! Not gonna complain about that!

Disregard last post, GA Precision said my Bartlein barrel should ship within the next 2 weeks, I can wait a little longer.....so now I guess I have a spare 22" 30 cal proof barrel ha ha. Maybe that will turn into a shouldered savage 300 WSM for my son when he turns 12, as I have a Savage left hand short action laying around......but that's for another build thread!

Still waiting on my can! Seems if I would have ordered another can as soon as the e-forms went into affect, I would have that one before this one that I ordered 15 months ago!!!!

Ya, they mix die with the resin. The "green" looks green, the "red" looks brown, and the "white" looks blue ha ha

bartlein-barrels-feature-image.jpg

Your getting closer to the finish line. Very nice build. Waiting can be tough, but it will be worth it in the end. I will second your comments on J/A Outdoors. I ordered a barrel from them and had in hand very quickly at a fair price. Stock ordered is still waiting for production to finish. It's great to have a LRH Sponsor helping us secure components for our builds and rifle upgrades. I'm still raising funds for an Ultra 7 Suppressor. Will see if I can bring myself to part with things this weekend. Keep us posted on your progress.

Recent Posts