My new rifle...

armyhooah

Savage1.jpg

More pics and review later.

Savage 10 FCP HS precision stock

SWFA SS 16x42 scope with Burris rings and mounts.

Sierra MK 155 and 168 HPBT With Winchester Brass.

Should shoot good we will see.

Armyhooah

I HAD pictures of the range today, with some good video of me shooting a milk jug at 430 Yardsgun)

When I was uploading the disc to the computer, I thought I had the files saved and then formated the disc. Well all was lost, I am going back out Friday and will be shooting better ammo. My own reloads!

Today I shot about 45 rounds. Rem white and rem yellow with about five Win 180 soft point. I am not impressed with the accuracy of any of those listed.

150 gr and 180 gr factory ammo. Would be good for hunting under 300 yards.

Friday will tell the real story. 100 Yard zero and am going to try and learn how to mil with my scope.

Sorry to hear it all was lost but, we look forward to Friday's report. Enjoy.

Niiice ArmyHooah,

sorta looks like mine :D:

RIMG0316.jpg

I've just up-graded my scope to a NightForce 5.5-22 X 50 MilRad using the MLR reticle - again "I Love It"

You will find the 168Gn are good, but the 178 A-Max are better.

Enjoy, CentreHit.

Savage1.jpg

More pics and review later.

Savage 10 FCP HS precision stock

SWFA SS 16x42 scope with Burris rings and mounts.

Sierra MK 155 and 168 HPBT With Winchester Brass.

Should shoot good we will see.

Armyhooah

you guys better not get them mixed up:) Nice rig CentreHit.

Last edited:
CentreHit,
What kind of accuracy are you getting with your rifle?

With factory yellow box and white box Remington ammo i was able to hit milk jugs out to 430 yards.

I have finally made it to the range.

I am working on uploading my video and images to Photobucket. Will post asap!

656 yard milk jug kill! HOOAH for Savage and .308!

I was at the Las Cruces, NM range. I goes out to 1100m with targets at 100 yards, 200 yards, 300 yards, 600 meters, 800 meters, 900 meters, 1030 yards and 1100 meters. Why the distance are so up and down and in meters and yards doesn't make since to me. In the video I have targets at 100, 300, 600(656yds) and 800m. Some other gentlemen showed up and gave me some really good advice for getting on paper at 300yds and 656yds. Mils and MOA adjustments are new to me and I had to have the guys teach me a thing or two.
Enjoy, more to come! Testing tomorrow again.

YouTube - My New .308

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.