My new rifle with pics

lucky_lefty

I went to cabelas to pick up the marlin. here it is from start to finish.
just getting it home
open
CoolPix102-1.jpg

everthing here totaled 233.95
CoolPix103-1.jpg

optics, its a nikkon prostaff 3x9x40 with the bdc
CoolPix105-1.jpg

here it is with all the crap I bought
CoolPix106-1.jpg

CoolPix108-1.jpg

CoolPix110-1.jpg

Give us the rundown on it. A buddy of mine called and asked what I thought of them and I have no experience (or know anybody who does). I'll refer him to this post.

lucky_lefty,
Nothing like getting a new toy! Congratulations, now the fun begins. Let us know how it shoots, how's the trigger pull? does the barrel foul? Got all kinds of question. Is that a barrel nut, like what's on a Savage? JohnnyK.

ok heres the rundown it is a Marlin XS7 in 308 it has the 22" barrel. I put the nikkon scope on it using loupold rings. I bought it because of the price and I dont own a bolt action. The bipod is nothing special, and if I am off on sturday I will go to the range since it is sposed to rain I hope I will be the only one there. BTW the trigger is adjustable but the preset is for hunting, I will play arond with it to set it where I like.

L_L,
Saw one today in a gunshop here in Va. Looks almost like the Savage AccuTrigger and barrel nut, but has a bolt release like a Winchester. Hope it shoots as good as it looks. JohnnyK.

With that bi-pod you have you want to make crucial fix. We have been shooting a couple of them. They work very well, but you need to remove the nut that holds the legs on to the base. The nuts will come loose so you should remove, clean the threads free of oil, and Loc Tite the nuts so they don't come loose again. We made that fix and they have not come loose since.

Tank

+1 on loc tighting the nuts. Had a rock mount and the exact thing happened to me, I lost the nut while hunting. Hope it's a shooter.

Nice rifle Lefty... only one problem, the bolt is on the wrong side for a lefty. :D
Sorry, I could not resist.

So, do yo shoot lefthanded?

I myself am a lefthanded shooter and I spotted the RH bolt immediately.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.