My new rifle. (lets start with the action)

I was just looking at the Montana Rifle Company actions and theirs is based on the M-70. It would also save me the price of blueprinting and trigger work and as was stated before maybe bring more if for some reason I needed to resale. What do yal think? Brad

I've looked at them several times. I can't offer much info as i've never put my hands on one.

I wouldn't mind having one.

t

I was just looking at the Montana Rifle Company actions and theirs is based on the M-70. It would also save me the price of blueprinting and trigger work and as was stated before maybe bring more if for some reason I needed to resale. What do yal think? Brad

Custom actions can be blueprinted as well as factory. Customs are usually made to tighter specs but not perfect. I wouldn't put MRC actions in the same class as a Defiance, Bat, Stiller etc. MRC was bought by Remington not too long ago, not really sure what that meant for the company. Some have done well by them and some not. Reviews are mixed. Here's a thread with opinions of two of the top smiths on this site.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/montana-rifle-company-actions-16243/index2.html

If you want an M70, get a used one for a good price and get it blueprinted.

I would definitely consider a Snowy Mountain full custom rifle package.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.