my new paint job

vegas steve

thought i would do a repaint on my old trusty 7 mag.what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 139
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 134
I like it.
It does seem a little camo-ish for a bench gun (but I don't hang with that crowd so I'm not sure what is "in") and like too much shiny metal for a hunting gun. But I still dig the overall look.

Edit: And it appears to be backwards, but I guess you wrong-handers like 'em that way :cool:

i used duplicolor cammo paint, and an industrial grade matte clear as a top coat.i started with a kahki base and then shot three fields of earth brown.i then took some small artistic sponges and sprayed some earth brown on a sheet of cardboard and dabbed the sponge in it and faded in the brown fields to the kahki.i added a few contrasting specs to lightly break up the solid spots,and dabbed a few blotches of olive drab for some character.

took the trusty ol 7 mag out yesterday for some group testing and she shot well.benched at 200 yrds netted a .244 three shot group with the first load i tried

I like it.
It does seem a little camo-ish for a bench gun (but I don't hang with that crowd so I'm not sure what is "in") and like too much shiny metal for a hunting gun. But I still dig the overall look.

Edit: And it appears to be backwards, but I guess you wrong-handers like 'em that way :cool:

its a steel plate gun foremost,and an extreme range coyote gun.i'm so far away from yotes they cant see the stainless barrel anyways.i dont like putting a finish on the barreled actions of my guns because i believe it disrupts the harmonics.

its a steel plate gun foremost,and an extreme range coyote gun.i'm so far away from yotes they cant see the stainless barrel anyways.i dont like putting a finish on the barreled actions of my guns because i believe it disrupts the harmonics.

Good work. I do like the look.

here is a sample of what criterion barrels can do with a good handload.remember guys this is a belted magnum

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 99
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.