My New Mutt

scope-eye

After losing my border Collie a little less than a year ago, my wife out of nowhere says that there is a void in her life and she wants another Dog. I say OK lets get a rescue God knows there enough of them out there,
so she goes on pet finder and finds the one she wants fills out the back ground check and we are approved.
Come to find out the dog is in Montgomery Alabama and we are in southern Florida. I say honey that's not really reasonable, so after some pleading from her "that did not work" then some pouting from her "that did not work either" then came the crying "That worked" So were off to Alabama all 687 miles worth "one way"
We left on a Friday and came back on Saturday, lets see we both had to miss a days work, meals on the road, over night hotel stay, fuel for 1350 miles plus, "my 3/4 ton chevy doesn't do that well millage wise" The dog was only a hundred dollars, but my wife said that was not expensive enough that pup is worth a lot more so she made another hundred donation on top of that. So basically I am in to the freakin mutt for roughly $1200.00 What a bargain. this is what I ended up with.
I present to you Patches
IMG_4429.jpg

Last edited:
As best as I can tell I think she is a Jack Russel Lab mix she is very calm for a Jack Russel.
She is only a few months old an we are her third owners, the first couple divorced just after getting her from her mom, then the second couple the husband got called back and deployed unexpectedly and could not keep her. And here we are.

Dean

After losing my border Collie a little less than a year ago, my wife out of nowhere says that there is a void in her life and she wants another Dog. I say OK lets get a rescue God knows there enough of them out there,
so she goes on pet finder and finds the one she wants fills out the back ground check and we are approved.
Come to find out the dog is in Montgomery Alabama and we are in southern Florida. I say honey that's not really reasonable, so after some pleading from her "that did not work" then some pouting from her "that did not work either" then came the crying "That worked" So were off to Alabama all 687 miles worth "one way"
We left on a Friday and came back on Saturday, lets see we both had to miss a days work, meals on the road, over night hotel stay, fuel for 1350 miles plus, "my 3/4 ton chevy doesn't do that well millage wise" The dog was only a hundred dollars, but my wife said that was not expensive enough that pup is worth a lot more so she made another hundred donation on top of that. So basically I am in to the freakin mutt for roughly $1200.00 What a bargain. this is what I ended up with.
I present to you Patches
View attachment 280108
I had a good laugh when I read your post...I feel your pain but the pup looks very intelligent n a pretty dog