My new lighter weight hunting rifle

jarheadhunter

So excited to get out and get this thing sighted in. Just got it back from cerakote yesterday and all put back together. Seekins Havok in 28 Nosler w/seekins rings and a Leupold VX6 4-24 scope. Haven't weighed it, but I should be in the 8.5# range. That's much better then the 14# rifle I was packing.

Attachments

• seekins.jpg
    seekins.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 763
  • seekins2.jpg
    seekins2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 810
You gonna put a brake on it or supress it? Without a brake would be shootable, but not the most pleasant and spotting shots may be a challenge ha ha!! Sweet rig man, I bet it will be a shooter. My Manners stock will be here wednesday to finish out my sub 9 lb .338 Norma build finally. New guns are awesome!!!
My suppressor is on order so for now I will just get a 419 Break. I ordered the Omega and have heard from a few people the pressure is to high. I need to call silencer co and ask.

My suppressor is on order so for now I will just get a 419 Break. I ordered the Omega and have heard from a few people the pressure is to high. I need to call silencer co and ask.
I have an Omega I shoot on a Custom 300wm. I called Silenco and they said I could put it on a 30nos or smaller. Cant imagine their being any issue with a 28nos. Please let me know if you learn otherwise.
THanks
James

How does the Havak 28 Nosler shoot? I have a Havak in the 6.5 PRC and I'm very impressed with the out of box accuracy with factory and handloads.

Nice rifle and scope combination. interesting cartridge choice for western hunting

My New "Lighter Weight" Hunting Rifle: (for Nevada hunting)
6.5 PRC Browning X-Bolt Pro - 6 lbs. 3 oz.
Bushnell LRTS scope FFP, mil/mil, G3 illuminated reticle - 28 oz., Talley rings

Browning gave it a 1:7 twist to stabilize heaver bullets from 143 grains up to around 150 grains. This rifle is accurate.

Eric B.
P7312028.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.