My new hunting rifle

• Thread starter Deleted member 103481
  • Start date
YZ-80 you must be a Gentlemen, only 3 fingers?
You must know that all ready! A gentleman who had the foresight to take on the venerable YZ80 as his moniker is a gentleman of high regard, no less!!! If I were born to manners becoming a gentleman, I am quite sure YZ60 would be my handle!
Proceed sir....

3AA7BA79-11D0-49D8-B24F-ECF00FD881CA.jpeg
40B197A4-D76C-460B-A8D0-B85A3B412EFE.jpeg

Razor lht is here and installed with a ARC m10 extra low rings... ocular bell has more than adequate space... however when running the bolt it has enough play to hit the eye bell of the scope when lifted up. So, not sure where to go from here, it's only at the top of its play that it hits. May have to go to slightly higher seekins rings, even though I do not want to. They next highest ARC rings(lows) are 0.94 and don't want to go that high.

edit* seekins 0.87" are perfect

Last edited by a moderator:
I would leave it low and have the bolt handle worked on.

considering this as well, I just spoke with defiance and they have had a few people say they had this issue on hunting rigs and apparently are looking at making some handles that are turned down more in the middle. Unfortunately their production appears to be shut down during the pandemic so not sure when that would actually happen.

It's just too sweet of a rig to take a saw all to;)
I have taken a dremel to more than one firearm, but this one won'tget that treatment! I will try the seekins .87 and see if the extra 3 hundredths clears it and go from there. Doesn't hurt that they are cheaper than the m10s!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is 1 nice,,, no,,, awesome looking rifle...

Who would no like a mix of cold iron and real wood...

It makes my rig look sick,,, Ha

Same here with this barrel,,, a 2.8 contour which is 1mm thicker then a factory Remington sporter barrel,,, total weight of this hunting rifle is 11.9 lbs with ammo,,, optic,,, bypod,,, sling and ammo pouch of 9 extra shots...

Yes,,, the little bit of thicker pipe allows for some fairly consistent shots back to back...

Any-Who,,, it aint nothing like the package you have on the go,,, thx for sharing...

Don

No issues with seekins 0.87" rings, so we are back in business, even better this ring height is perfect for off hand shooting. This rifle shoulders phenomenally. Now to getting some powder through it!

loaded 75 and 75.5 grains of rl26 at 3.720 coal for an initial range trip. I don't think I will have any pressure issues with that load but I'd like to not waste a bunch of time in the reloading room. Things are moving along!

52E9AADD-7D59-488C-A231-DAA9610C53B4.jpeg
5DB15B53-BB39-43C4-8234-6EF653B995E0.jpeg
6935AF3C-A8F1-4484-A4AD-ACB3F982078B.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.