My new find

tunacan

This one is a virgin and I don't know if I have the heart to rip her apart and build something.

1968 Remington 700 SA, 6mm, Action smooth as silk.

I just found it so I dont know how it shoots

No prefix serial #

The stock is in good shape and I want to refinish it, but I don't want to sand out the history of the rifle

SDC11888.jpg

SDC11889.jpg

SDC11890.jpg

SDC11892.jpg

The stock does look nice for factory I can see why your would not want to remove it`s history.Has a used look but not abused.gun)
robster

chop chop as in a nice little action for a new build?? 1960s actions are a rare find in my opinion

I like the stock, has the fluer de leafs on it.
Shoot it first before pulling apart.

You got a good find. If it was in .308 cal it would be VERY similar to the very first .308 sniper rifles that were bought over the counter in stores and sent to RVN for the first sniper teams in the VietNam War. I always liked these older Rem 700s for the style and look.

I just bought a 'look alike' rifle in .308. Its a Ruger .308 with hvy barrel and wood stock form 70's but the scope will need ot be changed to the Redfield AccuRange that the mil ALSO bought over the counter and sent to RVN.

Good luck with your very nice 6mm.

It has class, style, and history, and best of all NO PLASTIC! Leave er as is and see if she shoots. If not then mess with it. If so, youve got a genuinely nice, classic rifle.
+1 with Trueblue.
This kinda goes against the norm for long range builds, but I am fan of the classic look. I like the old school look and feel of Rifles and pistols. Id go with an aluminum bedded real wood(not laminated) stock if I was not happy with the origional or coulndt make it shoot. I understand tupperwear has its place in building an accurate toy, and some of it even looks neat on some rifles, but Im still a fan of the classic look. Someone would probably pay a pretty pennie for that piece. So if it needs changed make some $ off of it and give it a good home. JMO
Nice Rifle congrats.

I went and shot it a few days ago and it shoots decent. I just threw some loads together and it shot 3/4" groups. I think it I float the barrel and dink around with the loads it will end up shooting very well

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts