My new Custom Savage 6mm B.R.

pa hog

Here's my Savage built for 100-600yd Target shooting may try some longer shots hunting this spring with Kevin, I owe Kevin at M.C.R. alot of credit he put the gun together, so far 16rounds fired may get it out this weekend to finish barrel breakin and fire-form some brass. Here's the parts list:

24" Nutless Broughton 5c in 6m.m. BR .272 nk 1-10"twist /.300 Lug(All by MCR)

Savage Target Action RB/RP Trued up at M.C.R.

S.S.S. LVT stock (bedded at MCR)w/ Adj. Comb and Bi-pod Rail/ Custom M.C.R. Aluminum Knob for ADJ. Comb

Bausch and Lomb 24X/Warne Tac rail/ Burris Signature Zee rings
Stockade Bolt Handle

*First pic is prior to bedding and barrel channel being inletted for larger barrel, Thanks for looking
100_0055.jpg

100_0111.jpg

100_0110.jpg

Last edited:
Darn fine lookin rig you got there! I have Kevin building me a 7mm wsm. I like the knob, he never mentioned he made them too. :)

That is a good lookin' rig! How does it shoot? (so far).

I have been looking at getting an SSS LVT stock myself. Can you post a pic of the other side?

Thanks.

100_0052.jpg

This is a pic of rounds 12-16 thru barrel,no load development just 30.0gr Varget /90gr Berger's/Norma brass /.010"into lands, just a book load used to break in barrel and fire-form brass.
100_1095.jpg

This is a pic of barrel break-in group 9 shots cleaning after every shot.
100_1098.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rifle! You 're going to love the 6BR, it's so freakin accurate it's sick. My 6BR loves the 105grn A-Max. The load I have worked up shoots 5 shot groups in the 0's and in the .1's, at 100 yards, all day long. I am currently using Lapua Brass, Varget Powder and CCI 450 Primer. I am pushing the 105grn A-Max out of my Bartlein 28", 1-8 twist barrel at 2910fps. The 105grn A-Max is an awesome bullet for long range varmint hunting. It blows little varmints up pretty good, not as good as the V-Max, but pretty darn good. Keep us up dated and let us know how she shoots. I am guessing it will shoot very very well.

Thanks for posting the extra pics. A good lookin' rig and it's a shooter - and it will improve!

Another question about your stock...can you describe how the adjustable cheekpiece operates? and how do you like it?

Here's first five shot group,just a barrel-break in /fire-forming brass load that shot pretty good..
100_1095.jpg

100_0052.jpg

This is a pic of rounds 12-16 thru barrel,no load development just 30.0gr Varget /90gr Berger's/Norma brass /.010"into lands, just a book load used to break in barrel and fire-form brass.
100_1095.jpg

This is a pic of barrel break-in group 9 shots cleaning after every shot.
100_1098.jpg
That is a truely awesome looking gun and not to mention it's a savage!!! Your project is a great inspiration to me and my build.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.