My new coyote getter

Korhil78

Just got this today. Benelli Super Black Eagle 3 with my old fast fire 3 mounted on it. The fit and finish of this shotgun is amazing. I guess it had better be with the price tag it came with! I can't wait to call in some coyotes and see how some F buck does. Gonna pattern it tomorrow.

B7EBFAC7-A8C3-479F-B686-9A9306AF52C9.jpeg

I shoot 3 1/2" #4 buckshot at yotes and pigs and have made kill shots up to 100 yards with a full choke out of my Winchester Super X4 28" barrel. It's pretty hard to miss with a small claymore round 😁 64 pellets per shot.

I'm using a kicks gobblin thunder with .655 constriction with the .22 cal F Buck. I ran that in my Benelli supernova and it held an excellent pattern to 50 yards. Never shot it further.
I shoot 3 1/2" #4 buckshot at yotes and pigs and have made kill shots up to 100 yards with a full choke out of my Winchester Super X4 28" barrel. It's pretty hard to miss with a small claymore round 😁 64 pellets per shot.
I've not had a lot of experience shooting Coyotes with the shotgun, maybe 7/8 total,but I have patterned my 2 oz. 10 ga. loads at 80 yards and likely wouldn't say they were.deadly past that. Mind you that's including late arriving pellets that wouldn't have struck the animal if he were moving. These are 4 buck with buffer and a full shot up encasing the.entire column running at.1280 through my chronograph. This is a.very high pressure load using 40 gr. Blue Dot and a federal 209 primer. Wouldn't try it.in grandpa's 10 ga. double.I
The few coyotes I have taken within 50 yards have been clean kills with no chasing and follow ups. Not chastising anyone but if you're shooting at 80-100 yards you are.without doubt wounding.as.many as you.are killing and if.you are ok with that that's up to you.
I have had conversations with top ballistics people who have shot far more birds and patterns with large shot than I and to a man they recommend improved modified .025 construction for large pellets steel or lead.
Just my experience for what it's worth. I prefer a rifle.with its hydrostatic shock for taking coyotes whenever possible. I feel. I owe it to them not to inflict unnecessary pain.

I won't shoot a coyote with my shotgun past 50 yards. That's why I have only patterned it that far. I might do 60 but that's it. I take a SBR 223 AR for anything over that.

I will try to pattern it with all the chokes I have since it's a new gun but with my supernova, nothing patterned well until I went to the tighter constriction.

I am shooting 3" shells loaded with 48 pellets of F buck and ballistic products buffer. Using a TPS cushioned full length wad to fill the entire wad up and 29 Gr of Hodgdon longshot.

I pretty much slate my AR15 to substitute for a close in shotgun. Although if I ever get a chance to replace the G23 I sold I'll use that for close in yotes.

I used to buy into the long heavy barreled rifle with the big scope on it. But after years of that, I have found that 95% of the coyotes I kill, are at 100 yards or closer before I see them. So I have gradually gravitated to an AR with less zoom and then a SBR with an Aimpoint on it and a shotgun. I can still quite easily kill a coyote sitting at 200 yards with the SBR and aimpoint optic.

I've not had a lot of experience shooting Coyotes with the shotgun, maybe 7/8 total,but I have patterned my 2 oz. 10 ga. loads at 80 yards and likely wouldn't say they were.deadly past that. Mind you that's including late arriving pellets that wouldn't have struck the animal if he were moving. These are 4 buck with buffer and a full shot up encasing the.entire column running at.1280 through my chronograph. This is a.very high pressure load using 40 gr. Blue Dot and a federal 209 primer. Wouldn't try it.in grandpa's 10 ga. double.I
The few coyotes I have taken within 50 yards have been clean kills with no chasing and follow ups. Not chastising anyone but if you're shooting at 80-100 yards you are.without doubt wounding.as.many as you.are killing and if.you are ok with that that's up to you.
I have had conversations with top ballistics people who have shot far more birds and patterns with large shot than I and to a man they recommend improved modified .025 construction for large pellets steel or lead.
Just my experience for what it's worth. I prefer a rifle.with its hydrostatic shock for taking coyotes whenever possible. I feel. I owe it to them not to inflict unnecessary pain.
I disagree with you. I kill nuisance animals as part of my job and I have not lost one animal to the 12 gauge buckshot. Your opinion is speculation and talk around the Internet and mine is real world experience putting animals down quickly and humainley.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.