My new AR Aadmount from SWFA

notajeep

I bit the bullet and broke the bank for a new scope mount. I'm so impressed with it I thought I needed to show it off a little. First of all SWFA did an excellent job of packing it and even same day shipping. This price was $282 out the door with the optional forward rail added. The base model is about $250. This Manufacturer makes other mounts, for about everything else as well. However this one is made just for the AR-10's and 15's. As seen in the photos of how it attaches to the upper rail. My barrel is on back order with WOA so no range report any time soon. Enjoy the pictures.

Attachments

• Aadmount 20MOA AR-15.jpg
    Aadmount 20MOA AR-15.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 175
  • Aadount with level option.jpg
    Aadount with level option.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Aadmount recoil lugs .jpg
    Aadmount recoil lugs .jpg
    96 KB · Views: 189
  • Aadmount With rail option.jpg
    Aadmount With rail option.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 190
Pretty active forum here.....

Pulled the trigger on a Sightron #25133 (6-24X50mm) I found a heii of a deal at optics planet web sight. Then noticed they had one demo yesterday in stock. I got it shipped for $679. Same scope today at Midway USA is $850. I know it's no FFP, but it's half the price as one of those. Now all I need is that barrel thats been on order since March.

The current AADmount (that you have) is far superior to the one I did a review on a while back.
I also have this new version 30mm 20MOA as well and its EXCELLENT.

They (AADMount) are the only ones I run.

This was done a while back before we upgraded equipment and really got better at doing reviews...but you get the idea.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNUn7J7-vG8]The AADMOUNT by Aadland Engineering - YouTube[/ame]

Yea, I'm excited to have ran across such a quality mount. I think most people settle with the cheaper stuff. My only complaint about the Aadmount, is that I must have looked for weeks before I came across this monster on the web. Having never heard of it before, it was not easy to find. Just so impressed with it thus far.

That's the exact mount I'm going to buy. I talked to the owner through a few emails and maybe even on the phone. He seemed like a stand up guy. It doesn't have a tacticool name on the side of it but I don't really care about tacticool anyhow. I guess maybe it's because it doesn't have a quick release lever on the side. It does however seem to be a great mount which was very well thought out and put together. My two cents.

Put my lower together today the rest of the way. Then I decided to pin the upper minus barrel and free float on it to check it out. I got the Aadmount out of its box again and after a temp install on the upper noticed something. I think we all know, that not all scope rings are created equal. So when nit picking my build, I noticed that when viewing the installed Aadmount from the forward end (objective lens) is that it is not perfectly centered with the bore. Don't get me wrong I love this mount! I didn't measure it but I'm going to guess and say it's no more than .030" off to one side. I don't see any issues with that, it's parallel to the bore and thats really what maters. Can't wait to get this thing completed.

Im putting together a spikes build. With an SPR 20" woa fluted duracoat black barrel. Again this mount will function perfect as is. Lots of, lets say lever action type rifles have a scope mounted off to the side as much as an inch. I confirmed earlier after posting the above issue, by measuring with calipers. When looking downward from the top, the scope mount is left of center. Lots of articles on issues with scope mounts, mounted incorrectly. Such as someone didnt get the mount attachment holes straight at the 12-Oclock position in a receiver. As well as numerous issues with cheap two piece rings. I grew up hearing people I looked up to say trust but verify, thats kinda stuck with me.

Ill try to attach a photo, may not happen due to poor connection right now.

Attachments

• 20130821_134853.jpg
    20130821_134853.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 169
Ok back down to business here. I thought someone may like my attempt at concealed carry! So This morning I took a few photos. This was hard to get a picture of! To answer a previous question, no the mount is snug, as in just enough to hold it from moving. No reason to torque up anything till the barrel gets torqued up. So in the photos look closely at the relationship between the outer edges of the spikes picatinny rail in relationship to the Aadmount. I feel this is so minor thats it's not an issue, I thought I'd post these photos to help relieve any future dispute. Again the mount is slightly left of center when viewed from the rear of the rifle.

Attachments

• 20130822_104740.jpg
    20130822_104740.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 20130822_104501.jpg
    20130822_104501.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 20130822_104401.jpg
    20130822_104401.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 169
Have you checked to see that your rail isn't out of spec.
I would assume the discrepancy to be on a mass produced upper before the mount.

For example.
When I switched my AADMOUNT from my AR10 to my AR15...I had to adjust 17 MOA to the right from one rifles zero to the other. 3-5 I can understand just because of differences with rifles and loads....but 17 can only be attributed to one (or both) of the uppers having their rail systems being off.

It's pretty common knowledge that not all mil-spec picatinny rails are exactly correct.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.