My New 300 Win Build

Awesome rifle, very well thought out to...I believe the .300 Win mag is the best of calibers..so accurate and flat shooting..good luck and have fun with your new rifle...ElDee:)

Jeff,

Congrats on your new rig ... she's a beauty of a beast. Dave did some wonderful work on my sons' and I's rifles.

How about a close up pix of that JP muzzle brake? Is it the Bennie Cooley?

JPenterpriseBennieCooley.jpg

Thanks.

Keep us posted.

Ed

Last edited:
Congrats Broz - thats one sweet rifle!!!

If it shoots half as good as it looks you may need to buy another freezer for all the game you're gonna be taking!

Jeff,

Congrats on your new rig ... she's a beauty of a beast. Dave did some wonderful work on my sons' and I's rifles.

How about a close up pix of that JP muzzle brake? Is it the Bennie Cooley?

JPenterpriseBennieCooley.jpg

Thanks.

Keep us posted.

Ed

Hi Ed, yes this is the brake and boy is it affective! I am still in load development right now ( took time off to look for a Black Bear) but I have shot some groups with and without the brake, HUGE!! difference in recoil. I will report in when I have time to get back to her and finish up the loads.

Thanks guys! for all the kind words.

Jeff

Jeff,

That's good to know. I have friend that is considering having a muzzle brake installed on his rifle and might have to send him Dave's way. Thanks.

Ed

I would highly recommend this brake, especially for rifles 7mm and above. As Dave did to me. You won't find a better guy to work with. The more I get to know Dave and see his level of knowledge , the more I like and respect him.

Jeff

Very nice looking custom. If you dont mind how much did something like that cost just rifle? I have been thinking about building one with your specs in mind. What was the turn around time?

Very nice looking custom. If you dont mind how much did something like that cost just rifle? I have been thinking about building one with your specs in mind. What was the turn around time?

I don't remember exactly but this will get you close.

Stock.... $500
Action.... $1200
Barrel.... $400
Trigger... $260
Brake.... $125
Bottom metal and Misc $100
Machine work ( this will vary depending on the smith) for thread and chamber barrel, Fluting, install brake, bedding, etc.... $600 ~$800.

Soooo $ 3085. ~ $3285. for the rifle less scope and mounts, levels and angle indicator if I am not forgetting anything.

Jeff

Thanks Broz for the details. How does it shoot?

You are welcome. It shoots very well. If I am having a good day it will hold 1/2 moa to 1000. Plus it filled the freezer this year with my Bull at 803 and my wifes cow at 415 yrds. Also a few antelope out to 650 yds.

Jeff gun)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.