My new 300 ultra

ultra707

Hi guys,
Just wanted to share with you my new rifle.
The gun is a Remington 700 and chambered for 300 Ultra mag.
Gun has:
30 inch NBRSA HV Pac-Nor Super Match Barrel with Pac-Nor muzzle Brake
H-S Precision PST036 Stock
6.5-20x56 Leupold VX-L with 1/4 moa mark 4 M1 turrets installed
Nightforce 20 moa base and Leupold mark 4 rings
Jewell Trigger
And a Gre-Tan Firing pin assembly
Overall the gun turned out pretty good. The gun has shown very good accuracy while breaking in the barrel. I have not shot for groups yet but expect good things from what I saw during barrel break in. Gun is VERY VERY HEAVY. We will see how I do packing it next hunting season hunting blacktail in the Trinity Alps.
Thanks for looking!

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

That's a nice rig. I am beginning to lean towards building a 300RUM. I'm curious to know how much your rifle weighs and the recoil reduction you perceive with the radial brake (rather than a side vented brakes like the APS pain killer or Muscle Brake)

Hi guys,
The gun weighs around 15 pounds I'm guessing? I don't have a scale. I will barrow one tonight and see how much it weighs. The Pac-Nor brake works great. The recoil is hardly noticeable at all which makes it a lot of fun to shoot but you do know you're shooting something from the muzzle blast lol. My buddies 300 WSM factory 700 with a Hollands QD muzzle brake seems like it kicks a little more than mine if that helps out. The weight of the gun really helps things out. They both hardly kick at all. I will post the weight of the gun tonight.
alan

Moman
Pac-Nor did the action and barrel work and a local gunsmith bedded the action...by the way it says your from sonoma county...I used to live in Rohnert Park...small world!

Moman
Pac-Nor did the action and barrel work and a local gunsmith bedded the action...by the way it says your from sonoma county...I used to live in Rohnert Park...small world!

I figured you were familiar with the area to be hunting the Alps. You have a nice looking rifle, good luck with it this year.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.