My longest Poke on a Yote.

Broz

Me and Ole "No Sneak" (my 338 Lapua) Broke our team record this evening for a LR yote. I was out glassing and found one mousing in a hayfield. I moved to a good vantage point on a small mound. ranged him with my Swaro laser guide, This is Swaro #4 a new replacement they sent me last week. It is by far the best one I have owned. I entered the wind, range, baro and temp in the pda. Dialed up 19.75 moa on the Nightforce. The 2 oclock wind at 3 mph cancelled out the spin drift. So no windage correction was made. Settled down prone for the shot, waited for him to go full broadside, exhale, hold,, and touched it off. I watched him disapear in the scope but he was gone... did I get him?? Then the WHACK!! made its way back to me. Yup, it was a hit.... 880 yards my longest shot to date on a yote..
smile.gif
cool.gif

gun)gun)

Jeff

DSC01797Large.jpg

Last edited:
that distance on big game is **** good shooting...on that size well that's Outstanding. Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story and the pic. Very very nice.

Nice shot! Now give us some close-up pics on that rifle along with some specs.

Weatherby Mark V Stainless Action
Lilja 27 1/2" 1 in 10 twist #8 contour fluted with custom brake
Chambered in .338 Lapua Mag
Mcmillan A-5 pillar bedded
Weatherby mark V trigger tuned to 1 1/2 lb
Near 40 + MOA base NF rings
5.5-22x50 NXS with MLR
300 gr SMK's @ 2860 mv with H-1000 and CCI 250's
Rifle now has over 600 rounds down the tube, still using the first 100 pcs of brass I started with. Off the bipod prone it will shoot sub 1/2 moa at 1000 and beyond. Rifle was built by Joe Starnes of Conrad MT.

lapua.jpg

untitled.jpg

Weatherby Mark V Stainless Action
Lilja 27 1/2" 1 in 10 twist #8 contour fluted with custom brake
Chambered in .338 Lapua Mag
Mcmillan A-5 pillar bedded
Weatherby mark V trigger tuned to 1 1/2 lb
Near 40 + MOA base NF rings
5.5-22x50 NXS with MLR
300 gr SMK's @ 2860 mv with H-1000 and CCI 250's
Rifle now has over 600 rounds down the tube, still using the first 100 pcs of brass I started with. Off the bipod prone it will shoot sub 1/2 moa at 1000 and beyond. Rifle was built by Joe Starnes of Conrad MT.

lapua.jpg

untitled.jpg

Nice stick! I'm seriously considering the McMillan A5 for my next build. I like the distribution of color on your stock. What are the percentages of your colors?

Nice stick! I'm seriously considering the McMillan A5 for my next build. I like the distribution of color on your stock. What are the percentages of your colors?

I can't say for sure on the mix. But it is Olive, gray and black. Probably like 70, 15, 15 or 80 , 10, 10.

Jeff

Jeff, that is a seriously good shot. Congrats. And I see you are very close to 1,000 posts. gun)

Broz

Please report back with pictures. I am hunting coyotes with Big Sky near Belt in mid-Feb during the mating season. Using mostly coyote vocalizations.

Should be fun.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.