My long range season

WRO

I guess seeing as how everybody is posting a report. I am generally an archery hunter, but bear hunt with a rifle. My only long range kill was a Coyote at 515 yards. I though this was pretty good considering that I just shoot a 30-06 with a standard 3-9 leupold on it. I have practiced out to 550 with it and am pretty consistent at 500 and under. I manage to miss 1 elk at 20 yards (she jumped the string) and got into alot of really nice bulls. I did 10 ring a fall tom at 62 yards with a bow. I will be posting a good long range report next year (if my rifle ever comes in). I ordered a Sako TRG 42 in 338LM but the wait list is forever at my local gunshop. If you ever want any info on hunting Black Bears in oregon feel free to drop me a line.

longrangefreek

:)congrats on everyones hunting success. I have had a good hunting season this year. I shot 5x6 bull elk at 690 yrds, a mule deer at 250 yrds, and a coyote at 730 yrds. I am loving longrange shooting. My weapon of choice is a Savage Model 12FVSS in a 300 WSM and I have a Leupold Mark 4 tactical scope,and a custom stock. I have invested right around $2500 into this weapon and I love it. This rifle shoots a 3 shot group at just under 3/8 in. @100 yrds from a benchrest

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts