my long range pistol build (done 5/30/09)

jorvin

blackmax007.jpg
blackmax005.jpg
40/blackmax001.jpg[/IMG] not finished yet but soon! 7mm-08 17" mcgowen, PDC custom alum. stock, ergo grip, savage target action, sav-2 trigger on the way, hollands radial brake install next.scope base rings then shoot!!!!gun):D

Last edited:
Re: my long range pistol build

That's a nice looking rig you have there. Have you weighed it yet?

sorry guy's. i was out of town this week. i'm going to finish her this weekend. i will post another photo and give you all the details. thanks jorge

jorvin,
I am not familiar with a PDC stock. Do you have a link ?
What do you have in this build, as I am thinking abuot putting one together this fall if work picks up.
Also, did you get the barrel pre-chambered, and then set the head space yourself?
Any info on trigger assembly would be nice also.
This set up you have looks like something I would be interested in getting more details on.
JIM

jorvin,
found a link to PDC stocks, but don't see the stock you have on your rig. What model # is it, and did you need to do any modifications to it for the trigger assembly ?
JIM

hi trueblue craig at PDC was nice to cut the back off a rifle stock as per my spec's. this was good because he powder coats inhouse so i got my stock fully finished . he also liked the idea so much that he made one for himself. the price was $400 delivered. this is the only stock availible at this time for the savage undersignated target action(this is not a striker!). there are two other stock makers but the lead times are very long to unknown! the barrel is a mcgowen 7mm-08 drop-in (i installed) with flutes for $295+shipping. the savage undesignated target action came from jim at northland shooters supply and i think it was $525 delivered

Thanks, jorvin
I have been trying to educate myself on these hand rifles.
Even spook with Ernie on the phone the other day, who was kind enough to help out a newbie to this endevor. Had an interest in hand rifled years ago, but never pursued it. Would like to now. Building on a Savage action seems to be an easy entry way to get into this. If you don't mind posting more details on how you put this rig together, and what dificulties you encountered with components, trigger assembly, ect. I would find it helpful, as I am sure would others.
JIM

trueblue, there are a bunch of us who have built pistols on the savage target action. I have one in 7wsm and absolutely love it! There are a few options for stocks, PDC has that one and Joel Russo can inlet his lee six style stock for the target action, I believe Neal cooper still makes one and Scott at McRee Precision makes one too. My buddy liked mine so much he has one being built in 300wsm, it's getting a pillar bedded Russo stock and will be put together without the barrel nut. If you have any questions about building a savage pm me and I'll give you my phone number. If you ever get up near Milwaukee I'm sure my old man and me could give you a proper intro to these 'hand rifles'

Jorvin,
Give us a range report when you get time.
I am looking at putting togethet a 7WSM, and have already put an order in with Jeol Russo for a stock.
Building off the Savage target action looks like a good way to start.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts