My Long Range .260 (pics)

Great story and having a real usable piece of Art is notable. What you've done here is further evidence that semi-auto Ar style hunting rigs are here to stay and can deliver the kind of accuracy needed to hunt at long range. Just awesome really. Makes me think that something along these lines is in my future too. Currently I'm spending in the same neighborhood on a fully custom 300 Weatherby with fancy wood and custom trigger on a Ruger No. 1. I hope everyone saves up and builds a dream gun. Congrats on the caliber and hunting success. Quite impressive.

Last edited:
That is a sweet gun! You will like the .260. Welcome to the site. Im a predator hunter and subscribe to Predator Xtreme......You wouldn't happen to be Tom Austin would you? :)

I'd like to know how that hunt goes and do you run hunts like that? I know you will do well. You do have back up too right? After watching the movie "into the grey" I really want to hunt them, especially a pack.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.