My little girl is now apart of the club!

carpetman2

My 14 yr old daughter and I pulled a double on a late cow hunt this morning dropping two nice mature cows in the same field by 7:45am. She made a terrific shot with her little 7mm08 and a 120 Barnes TTsx. I on the other hand...well let's just say once I got on the ground I connected...if ya know what I mean. It was a great hunt, way too short, but memories were made and the good Lord gave us lots of grace. This makes all four of my daughters now harvesting elk. She also connected on a 4x5 whitetail buck and a nice whitetail doe earlier this fall so she really paid her way this year. So far since she turned 12 she has taken 3 nice bucks, two doe's, and this cow. All one shot kills. :)

Attachments

• Joy & Dads Elk 014.jpg
    Joy & Dads Elk 014.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Joy & Dads Elk 017.jpg
    Joy & Dads Elk 017.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Joy & Dads Elk 019.jpg
    Joy & Dads Elk 019.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 185
wow! Beautiful country, beautiful daughter, beautiful moments. God has truly blessed you. Enjoy it while you can. Good shooting and it sounds like your family has had an excellent year in the hunting harvest.

Congrats to you and your daughter! With all that meat you guys will not being going hungry anytime soon lol

Just out of curiousity, how old were your kids when you first started taking them hunting?

Thanks you guys. Brian, when the older kids were young I took them at like 7 and 8. But as each of them became teens I was able to take the younger one's earlier and we moved back to Idaho where it made it easier to take them as well. So Joy (the one in the pictures) and Cody who is my youngest both started going with me around 3. Here are pictures of my doe and my buck from 2 years ago when Cody was 4. He loves to go. He was sick this week so he was not able to go on our elk hunt, and boy was he sad! Here is a picture from 3 seasons ago with Joys first buck. I am putting together a 270WSM for her long range gun. Started load development already, so next year she will be ready for any LR opportunities.

Attachments

• dads 044.jpg
    dads 044.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 163
  • SAM_0309.jpg
    SAM_0309.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 161
  • SAM_0280.jpg
    SAM_0280.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 153
That is awesome! My boy turns 4 in 2 weeks and I was going to try and take him next year. He keeps telling my wife "Daddy's taking me hunting when I turn 5!"...she's not thrilled lol I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I just can't wait until I can take my boy with me and like to hear experiences from people who take their young ones with them.

Those are priceless photos. Like others I can't wait until my boys are old enough to go along. They are only 6mo. and 19mo. so I have a bit to wait and it's going to be a tough wait. Congratulations.

Was just out in the shop cleaning guns etc.. and was thinking about how cool it is that all 6 of my kids love to hunt & shoot, and all but Cody (6) have taken a buck every year and at least one elk. I really am blessed and it has really been special going with them on almost all their hunts. They love to remember those times laughing in the wall tents, freezing in the comode, eating treats we wouldn't normally eat, and of course taking awesome animals to fill our freezers and our pride...making good shots and crying over the one's that got away. It's all pretty awesome, I'm just hoping the grandkids get such opportunities.:)

Now the question is did she clean it???

I personally told my wife she would never have to gut anything she shot if she did not want too. Just having sharing the experiance makes it all worth it.

That is a good question......and the answer is........dad cleaned it as he has all the girls animals. That's probably why they all love to hunt with me!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts