My hunting handgun collection is getting bigger

Mrvmax

I started off with the Glock 40 in 10mm. It's got a red dot on it and is fun to shoot but I wanted a larger caliber.

My second one is a Magnum Research Lone Eagle, I have one in 30-06 that shoots well. I had one in .223 that shot great but I wanted a larger caliber so I sold it and picked up one in 22-250. I ended up getting ripped off by the dealer that sold it (bought on Gunbroker, the barrel was shot out - 4" groups at 50 yards - so I sold it for parts). Maybe I can take a feral hog with it this year.

Last year I picked up a Freedom Arms made 83 in 454 Casull, I sent it off to get Magna-ported and it is a fun one to shoot. I dropped a feral hog at 93 yards with one shot. Have not had the chance to hunt with it again.

I picked up two Savage Strikers from a guy in Idaho, had barrels for 308 Win, 7mm-08, 17 Fireball, 250 Savage Improved and 6mmBr. He also gave me a barrel wrench, head space gauges, brass, bullets and other stuff. It was a great deal fro $900. I decided to order an Accurate Rifle Systems stock for it and I am putting the 6mmbr barrel on to see how it shoots. The stock should arrive in the next week or two. I also removed the stock trigger and added an Elf rear trigger on it. I can't wait to get my pistol chassis in for it.

Today I saw a Nosler M48 Independence in 6.5 Creedmoor in stock so I picked up one of those. I sold my Savage rifle in 6.5 CM and made the mistake of selling my dies on here since I did not plan on shooting that caliber again. I ordered some Wilson dies and dug through my used brass and found around 400 pieces of brass I am prepping for when the M48 arrives. I have a Nightforce SHV scope I pulled off my Sig 716 I want to put on it. I will see how that works out versus a pistol scope.

Now I just need to find some place to hunt hogs with these.

WOW! You have been busy.
Are you going to put a self timing solid bottom brake on your new M48?
I strongly encourage that when using a riflescope.

WOW! You have been busy.
Are you going to put a self timing solid bottom brake on your new M48?
I strongly encourage that when using a riflescope.
I had not considered that, do you recommend any particular one?

I am with Ernie on this one. The holland is amazing. I have a couple APA's (first gen; not self timing) and a one other we won't talk about.....however..... there IS something to be said for the self timers as you can easily take them off for crown cleaning and such. I personally NEVER take my timed brakes off, which creates a time consuming process of cleaning when the crown gets cruddy.....